Part Time Job

Thank you guys for 500 reads 😂💗
That's probs not a lot but it's half 1K so I'm happppy

Y/N found it odd at the amount of stares she was getting.

Sure, she was the only female lifeguard and they were required to wear bikinis for the visitors' expense, but she couldn't help but cringe under the intense stares of her onlookers.

She nervously walked back to her lifeguard post, it was like a tall, white, and plastic throne. She put her shades back on, and rested her head against the chair.

It wasn't a hard job, but it was draining having to look after everyone, including old grandpas with their shirts off trying to flirt with her.

In fact, it was a really steady paying job, it only required Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday afternoons until six.

She sighed, pressing her head into her hands. After lifeguarding, she had to waitress until ten, then finish that history assignment on Henry VIII.

Guess it's another all-nighter.

The female was woken out of her stance by a shriek!

"Help! Lifeguard! Help! My friend fell into the deep end and he can't swim!" It was a fourteen year old boy with scruffy black hair, who'd not gone through puberty well.

She held the bridge of her nose between her thumb and finger. Who the hell comes to a swimming pool if they can't swim?

She chuckled at her own sarcastic humour.

"Coming!"

She dove in after the black haired boy's friend. He too had black hair, and looked a lot like him. They must've been siblings.

She fished the boy out of the water, not catching the smug look he sent to his brother.

"Miss! I think he needs CPR!" An edge of a smirk in his voice.

She sighed, pushing newly wet hair out of her E/C eyes. Y/N leaned down, examining the boy's face. He was panting, sure, but it was obvious he was faking it.

Still, it was her job to save people, and if she didn't give this kid CPR, or a "kiss" she was gonna get fired.

She pressed her hands against his chest, while the other boy wolf whistled. The H/C haired female flushed in embarrassment as she lowered her lips to his...

"He's faking it!" The voice so familiar to Y/N was what made her spin around.

She was met with turquoise eyes and blonde hair. She blinked at him, then looked back down at the dark eyed boy on the pool deck, who was sending a vexing stare at the fair haired male.

"I know."

Ivan looked at her in shock, before she quickly added, "If I don't look like I've saved someone, they're gonna fire me."

Ivan awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. He'd always been a shy boy, but being around the H/C haired girl, doubled his nerves.

"Ye-yeah. But I don't want you kissing random guys..."

Y/N giggled at the childish gesture. He'd always been protective of her, even in kindergarten, as much as he didn't want to admit it.

"It's not my first kiss, idiot. Besides, why not give this young guy the pleasure of feeling my lips?" Y/N nodded her head towards the stunned teenager, who was currently peeking down her bikini.

She meant this sarcastically, but she saw Ivan flush with some sort of sinister aura.

She shrugged the chill she felt crawling down her spine, and leaned further down.

On the other hand, the teenager laying under Y/N on the pool deck was terrified. He could feel the stares of at least five guys, and not even people he could see, piercing into him.

They all had the same message though:
Get Y/N the duck off your body, nerd.

He stared at his brother Jack, and nodded.

"Know what!" He fumbled and scurried to give himself distance between him and the gorgeous lifeguard. On any other occasion, he would've gladly accepted the "kiss of life" from her, but he felt something was off with the air that day.

"I'm good! I'm ALIVE!"

Everyone started clapping and cheering, oblivious to the odd look he sported on his face.

" S'all good, such a traumatic moment but you saved me. Thank you."

He gripped Y/N's hand, who was still half way on the floor and shook it.

He quickly ran off with his brother, who seemed just as terrified as he did.

"I... I..." Everyone was still cheering.

"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED??"

"My parents own this pool. Surprised I didn't know you worked here."

Ivan was lounging on a deck chair next to her towering post, trying to play it off cool, but failing miserably.

"Yeah... one of the best paying jobs in the city I suppose." Y/N lazily traced a pattern in the air with her finger.

Ivan watched her, fascinated. He liked to pretend he and his childhood friends weren't vying for the attention of the exact same woman.

Ollie was too childish, he always liked getting what he wanted but ended up sharing it, and River was too impatient and got mad at the thing that didn't want him.

He himself was too shy, and often let the other two shine in the spotlight. But Ivan knew himself, he was silent but deadly. Like a fart.

You never hear it coming but always get the worst of it.

Still, Y/N should be his since he'd liked her for the longest, right?

He smiled to himself, captivated by her ranting about the history assignment, but never really understanding the message she was trying to get across.

"Hey Y/N!"

Ivan's eyes widened when he realised the voice who'd said her name wasn't him.

River.

He grinned at Y/N, and her at him.
"Heard you need help with the history assignment. Want me to help?"

"Sure."
Y/N could tell Ivan wasn't listening, so decided not to bore him further. Her shift would end in a couple minutes, and even though she had another part time job, River and the female herself could go to an Internet cafe afterwards.

"I'm not sure you're gonna wanna do that, River."

Oliver Meid. His crimson eyes made him look like then devil. And they were trained on his golden eyed friend.

"Remember? We have dinner at my place. My parents want to do business."

The stare off was so intense, Y/N felt the need to back away to the changing room.

She fiddled with the knob, until she felt the faces on her. The E/C eyed girl flushed under the weight of their eyes, all three of them.

"River... Ivan... Let's go." He nodded at the H/C haired girl, slightly licking his lips. "Y/N..."

The three of them left, hands in pockets, standing like enemies on a war field.

It was scary.

God... my writing sounds so weird to me 😰😥🥵