Refusals

A lone figure stood by the window. One with distinctive scarlet hair. He watched the girl scramble from the fountain, muttering aimlessly to herself.

The prince couldn't help but be intrigued by her, the way her H/L H/C hair flew in the wind, as carefree as the girl he'd met many years before.

Y/N had to remember him, she had to. They were meant to be. Xavier sighed, clutching the window sill tightly.

"Cousin?"

Xavier was brought back from his daze. He looked down at his hands, he'd left a dent in the metal.

He spun round. There stood his cousin, Prince Darius, and his rival.

"What?" Xavier's voice was filled with malice for his brown haired cousin.

"You're still chasing her?" Darius smirked at his pathetic excuse of a rival.

Xavier flushed. "N-no..."

"Then who's that?" The male pointed at a fuming Y/N. She was headed for the music department.

"W-What a coincidence..."

"Don't lie to me. She's intriguing, no?"

"Don't you dare..." Xavier flashed him a look of pure hatred.

"See, Xavier, you're just too predictable. And stubborn. You do want her." Darius chuckled at  the red head's expense. He leaned down to whisper in his ear.

"But are you sure she wants you? You can be quite overbearing. And possessive. It's creepy."

Darius pulled away, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He walked towards the classroom's door. He paused when he reached the frame.

"And I heard her father's still alive."

Xavier's eyes widened as the sapphire eyed male took his leave.

• • •

Y/N trudged towards the music department. It was a place she found calming, and right now she needed to chill.

Surely Ivan hadn't been in on it. He was too kind. And he used to be such a shy boy. Y/N chuckled.

Then she remembered she was supposed to be angry and composed herself.

She burst into her music room. Yes, she'd reserved his room for when someone pissed her off. Which was most of the time.

She stopped in her tracks.

What she heard was beautiful.

"Beethoven," She whispered under breath.

She turned her head, to see the back of a male she'd briefly encountered.

A certain raven haired male.

"River..."

The male turned at the sound of her voice, quirking an eyebrow. His golden eyes were so captivating. He gripped his violin, but lowered it, stunned.

"I...I..." Y/N stuttered.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING IN MY MUSIC ROOM???!!!! DIDNT YOU SEE THE SIGN??? RESERVED." River winced at the female's surprisingly loud voice.

"Ah man..." He rubbed his ears, checking for permanent damage.

"I just wanted to practice. Well, my mom forced me to anyways."

By that time, the H/C hair coloured girl had finally calmed down.
"Ok, ok. But why this music room?"

"It's reserved." He shrugged. "I assumed no one would disturb me."

He glanced aimlessly at her. "Besides, it's not like you play an instrument."

"No... because I sing." She clenched her fists into tight balls. River could tell she'd never said that out loud before, and felt slightly honoured the girl had decided to tell him. It was a warmish feeling...

The male picked up his violin, and saw her face light up. It slowly dimmed as he headed towards the door.

"Wait!" He turned around, and he didn't know why, but in this light, she looked gorgeous. He wouldn't mind staring at it forever.

"You can stay here to practice if you want." He felt his senses lighten - would she stay and listen??

"I'm going." Some unknown anger over took him, and he resisted the urge to slap her for her ignorance.

Instead, he smiled. It was a smile no girl could resist. "Stay."

He waited for the blush that usually adorned girl's faces at that smile.

Y/N's face contorted.
"Actually, I have a question."

Surprised, he nodded.

"Why do you hang out with Meid? I think you're much better than that."

River felt flattered at her compliment, elated that she thought he was better than his friend.

"We've been friends since childhood. You don't give up on something like that."

She smiled with close lips. "Right."

"I wish I could stay for loner but I gotta to my part time job."

His face fell. It was an emotionless mask.

Y/N cowered away from him. When he saw this he quickly grinned.

"Sure... go ahead."

"Don't stop playing your beautiful music cause of me, yeah?" She winked and headed towards the door.

He nodded weakly, watching her until the door was closed.

When he was sure the E/C eyed girl had exited the building, he threw this violin on the ground.

Why? Am I not good enough for her?

He hissed, crushing the remains of the violin with his foot.

It didn't matter anyway. He'd have a servant replace it.

All he could think of was the H/C haired female who'd piqued his interest. Someone like that was worthy of being a woman of the Edward family, and stay by his side.

Then he realised Y/N was the particular girl Ollie himself had taken a liking too.

I see, I always knew we had similar taste. Too bad I might get to it first.

With that, River abandoned the mangled instrument on the wooden floor, and caressed the knob Y/N had touched.

He was sure of one thing that moment. He knew he wanted to see her, all of her.

He smirked.

Get ready, Y/N. I sense a storm is coming. Then she'll be begging for me.

The golden eyed male left the room, straining his neck to see if he could still tail her. He saw a female with H/C hair, but it was a random woman.

"Hello there. Have you seen a pretty girl walk past her, probably in a rush? She's got H/C hair, E/C eyes, and she's about [Height]."

The woman nodded, pointing towards the city's public swimming pool.

River licked his lips as he imagined Y/N in a lifeguard bikini.

He thanked the woman and headed towards the swimming pool.

Little did he know, four other males were closely watching him.