How they met

Seven years ago.

As soon as he saw the gates were unsupervised, he sprinted into the long wheat, panting heavily when the grass didn't shade him from the scorching sun. Summer days in Marciaus were always hot enough to peel naked skin on contact.

However, the little prince kept running, feet touching the ground - cracked with heat - for mere seconds at a time.

Once he reached the sanctuary of a forest, the greenery the prettiest sight for miles, he sighed, leaning into a ivy covered oak.

"I can hear you sighing. What's wrong?" The prince started, almost pissing his pants at the prominent voice of a... girl.

"Where are you? Are you the trees? Is there a such thing as forest spirits??" The boy almost got excited.

But, in response, the girl only giggled. He couldn't see the bearer of the voice, but he felt the urge to find it.

"Of course not, you'd have to be stupid to believe that. Besides, I can see you."
"Huh?! Where?!"
"Look behind you, at the wall. There are cracks in it."

Stunned, the boy walked towards the wall, and the voice concealed by it. It was made of fat, moss covered stones, and four times the boy's height.  

"Those are awfully nice clothes for someone of Marciaus . Who are you?"
"Uh..." the boy rubbed the back of his neck; only those closest to him knew it meant he was nervous.

"Well, what are you doing there?" He retorted. He seemed happy with this answer.
Staring at her eyes, a shade of [E/C] with a feverish hint of [F/C], he saw her blink twice, curious face contorted into one of laughter.

"Eh, I come here to escape reality. Here, everything's like a fairytale. It's so beautiful. So I come here everyday so I can feel, well, peaceful." She made eye contact with him again, making him gasp and redden at her sincerity.

Woah... this chick's cool.

"So... I've answered your question. Why don't you answer mine? Who are you? Obviously rich by the looks of it."
He was taken aback again at how she composed herself, she fired straight,
but with depth, unlike the rest of the girls in his life.
"I'm Xavier."
"Wait... have I heard that name before?"
"Nahhh, it's a very common name, don't you know?"
"I wouldn't, I go to public school where half the boy's names are Dicky." Her nose wrinkled at that, and the boy wondered if anything had happened.

"Anyways, I'm [Y/N]." She stuck three or four fingers through the crack, as if signalling they shake.

Instead, Xavier, due to habit, he kissed the knuckle of the middle finger.

"Huhhhhhhhhhhhhh? WHATCHA DO THAT FOR?" [Y/N] quickly retreated her hand, waving it wildly, all while maintaining a steady flush of scarlet.

"Ack... sorry!! Just instinct. It's a custom where I'm for." He rambled. Though, he couldn't help but feel satisfied that she'd let down her guard that much with him.

Despite that she was still blushing tremendously, she whispered, "Eh, it's kinda cute anyway." Great, she caught him off his guard.

"Now I know who you are." She stated carelessly. Ack, what was with this girl?! Always getting him at the worst moment possible. She playfully booped his nose, making his heart rapidly quicken.

"You're the prince; aren't you?"
Awkward silence, the atmosphere heating up as the girl made him pretty uncomfortable when she stared at him with such intensity. From his silence, it was obvious as to what was the answer to her question.

Somehow she figured it out...

And over time, the two became very close friends. The little prince always came to the wall, and the H/C girl was always there. Unbreakable, and even more than friends to the boy. The wall's hole had been slowly degrading, and was big enough for a small girl to stick her head through.

"Hey, Y/N?" The girl blinked, meeting his eyes, the colour of magnolia root.

"Yes?"

"Do you remember the first time we met?"
The girl giggled at the distant memories.
"And I did this?..." Xavier lifted her hand in his, and planted a little kiss on the knuckle. Y/N blushed furiously, but Xavier was thrilled at this amount of admiration.

"Y-yeah..."

"I want you to come to the palace with me," he said, stubbornly.

"A peasant like me? I would never fit in, Prince." She said, with a hint of disgust in her voice. "They would laugh at me."

The boy squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I'll make sure they won't!" He sounded so determined, the E/C eyed girl had to laugh.

"...alright then. I'll trust you." She placed a kiss on his forehead, feeling his face sizzle at her touch. "Same time tomorrow?"

"Sure."

The boy bounded out, so excited. The day had finally come for him to take his Y/N to the palace. He reached their spot, huffing and heaving. He couldn't care less if he was early or late. Just the prospect of feeling her lips on his was enough.

When he got there, Y/N hadn't arrived yet. Instead, a note lay idle in the hole in the wall. Unfazed, he opened it. It took him a few minutes to comprehend.

Prince Xavier,

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but my father has passed away. I can not attend the palace with you, as you have wished. I know it is criminal to refuse a prince, especially with my status, so you may hunt me down and kill me, but at least give me this time to grieve my late father. Again, I'm so sorry, but I won't be returning to Marciaus anytime soon. I'll miss you, my prince.

Always, don't tell anyone about that kiss, I want that to be between you and I.

Until we meet again,

Y/N L/N of Marciaus

He slumped to the ground in defeat, and promised he would never forget the girl, and find her one day, no matter what the cost.

She was his queen.

Hey y'all. Check out my new story, a DISMISSED fanfic about Lucas Ward
(●'ω●)
Dylan Sprouse : Lucas Ward 😉😉