Prologue: Izuku's Dream

A certain green curly haired boy found himself going up a hill beside a group of familiar faces. As confused as Izuku "Deku" Midoriya felt, he remained loyal to his usually analytical persona and took a closer look to the situation.

The group was led by a grey coated Tenya Iida, who looked as formal and disciplined as usual. He was also wearing a pointed hat and a wooden stick in his hand (for some reason, Midoriya thought a long grey beard was missing). As for the other seven members of the group, they didn't have a less strange appearance. Hell, Midoriya himself wore a dark green cape, a bag, a small sword to his belt and no shoes at all!

Eri's outfit was not very different from his: shoeless, a similar bag and cape, and a blade so little it made her look adorable. Kirishima and Kaminari, who were right next to them, seemed to share their green coated and shoeless style. On the other hand, Tsuyu's elf-like sense of fashion included a bow and a quiever full of arrows, while Tokoyami complemented his coat of mail and leather clothes with an iron helmet and a huge ax. Finally, he caught sight of Todoroki and Bakugou. The first one wore leather, a travel cape, long sword, fingerless gloves, and hadn't lost his introvert and mysterious appearance; the always pissed-looking Bakugou also wore a sword to his belt and a round shield on his back, leaving no doubt they were all in the same business.

"So...where are we going?" Kaminari asked, causing the whole crew to stop and sigh in agony.

Iida facepalmed, composed himself and turned in order to address his fellows. "WELL! I shall proceed to explain the reason behind this journey...one more time!!" he said, in a powerful tone of voice, much to Deku's relief. The Class 1A rep cleared his throat.

"As you are all concerned, Midoriya is carrying a rare item around his neck!" he started. The One for All user checked his chest and was suprised to see, indeed, a golden ring that felt quite heavy for its size. "This is no common ring," Iida continued, "for it is the manifestation of the deepest and purest feelings a hero in training can have for his special one. These feelings, my fellow heroes, will remain as a heavy charge for Midoriya until our mission is accomplished. For this reason, they must be cast into the fire...of Ochako Uraraka's heart! Where they rightfully belong!".

"WHAAAAAT!?" Deku thought, blushing profusely, "the heck is this all about!?"

"Tse, whatever" Bakugou grunted; "What does all this crap have to do with us?" he asked as he gave Deku his signature frouncing glare.

"Obvious! It is our duty as friends and heroes to help him to reach the peak of the mountain where his crush awaits!" Kirishima answered, giving Izuku, whose face was crimson red, thumbs up.

"One nerd does not simply confess to a girl without being rejected, Shitty Hair" the spiky blonde repplied. The harsh comment made Izuku turn a shade of pale. Todoroki smiled and put a hand on his shoulder. "No worries, Midoriya" the heir of Endeavor said, "you can count on my sword".

"And you can count on my bow, ribbit!" declared Tsuyu.

"And on my ax!" joined Tokoyami.

"And you can count on me blasting your loser's ass if your so-called feelings for the Round Face prevent you from giving your 100% the next time we face each other!" claimed Bakugou.

"It won't be an easy path, though" Iida added; "we must find a way to cross the Black Gate of the Friendzone, where so many brave ones have fallen. Then we will penetrate into the unforgiving Land of the Fandom. A land where countless twisted creatures covet that ring. They try to prevent these two from getting together and do who-knows-what with those feelings of Midoriya's! We can't let that happen!".

"Mr Midoriya! Watch out!" Eri exclaimed. Izuku almost fell right into the floor when a short and perverted-looking creature jumped over Izuku's back and tried to grip the ring. "MY PRECIOUUS!! I WANT IT!! THAT IS THE ONE RING TO EARN ANY GIRL'S ATTENTION!!" hissed a lainclothed Mineta, who was immediately removed and immobilized by Tsuyu's long tongue. "NO, WAIT!!" Mineta begged as half of the group got ready to kick his butt, "I CAN HELP YOU!! I KNOW THE LAND OF THE FANDOM BETTER THAN ANYONE!! I KNOW THEIR DARKEST DESIRES AND WEAKNESSES!! AND TRUST ME, ASUI, YOU WOULDN'T LIKE WHAT SOME OF THEM ARE WILLING TO MMMM..!!!" he cried until Todoroki and Bakugou covered his mouth.

"Holy shit, we better pray nobody has..." Tokoyami started to say, when they saw a black hooded figure riding an equally black horse towards them, "...followed him". The sinister rider removed her hood, revealing a good looking yet unnervingly smiley blonde girl. Her hair was collected in two pigtails and wielded a blood covered sword pointing to Izuku. However, what scared the boy the most was the way her golden eyes looked at him.

"Hand me the ring, hero!" Himiko Toga said, as she widened her maniacal smile, "you would be happier with me and you know it!".

"NO WAY! I'M OUT OF HERE!" cried Izuku, putting on the ring...

End of the dream sequence.

I know, I know, this is an odd way of introducting a story, and its quality as a parody is argueable to say the least. And yes, the cringe is strong here. But I wanted to make a LOTR reference in a My Hero Academia fanfic and I came up with this crazy, crazy idea. Also, I couldn't resist to make a reference or two about the fandom of the series, but I respect the right of everyone to express their creativity.

This is my first fanfic ever, so please no hold backs: critics, comments and even jokes are welcome. I do not own My Hero Academia, neither The Lord of the Rings, or their characters.

My plan is to write another adventure about our favourite anime superheroes that will include my favourite MHA shippings. Anyway, let's see how I can make you readers enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writting it...HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE!!