Invitation

Sunday, 5:45.
UA's rest room

"WHOAA!" cried Deku as he wook up. He blinked multiple times and scratched his head, trying to remember why he was sleeping on one of the coaches of the rest room. Once he looked around, he remembered and he couldn't help but chuckle.

Fortunately, none of his friends had been woken up. Kirishima was snoring with his face buried in the same couch. Mineta had...probably...fallen off the coach and was lying on the floor, drooling as he hugged a pillow. Kaminari was sleeping on the coach on the right, with an hilariously overopened mouth and the rest of his face covered by a bag of Doritos. Iida had fallen asleep with his glasses still on, right where he was, next to Deku, at the beginning of the second movie. The missing ones, with the exception of Bakugou, who claimed he had better things to do than joining them, would have likely left a long time ago. "A Lord of the Rings marathon" he thought after turning off the TV, "what the hell were we thinking?". It sounded like the perfect plan, since the girls had decided to have a pajamas' party at Mina's dorm, but none had managed to stay awake until the end.

Carefully, he got up, stretched his arms and made his way back to his dorm. He cringed a bit when Mineta started to mumble female names. Then he remembered his own dream and he felt his legs started to fail. "It was nothing...just a dream...weird dreams happen, right?" he entered his dorm and closed the door like he was being chased. Only then he realized he had run all the way there and was breathing heavily.

"Ok, no more overreacting, you are better than this" he said to himself. He took a deep breath and slowly began to calm down. The dream was what it was and nobody needed to know, but the thought of Uraraka would remain. She was his first true friend at the UA and had always supported and helped him, so it was quite normal that the girl had a privileged place in his heart, but what kind of place was that? Uraraka was brave, smart, caring, sweet and... well, it would be pointless to deny she was pretty. Sure, the rest of the girls in UA had their fair share of good looking, but for some reason, Uraraka stood out in every way to him. Perhaps it was time to ask someone for a word of advice...

Sunday, 16:00.
All Might's office

"COME IN!" answered the former Symbol of Peace as the door was knocked. "Young Midoriya, I have something important to...AAAAAAAAH!! THE UA IS UNDER ZOMBIES' ATTACK!! I MUST...oh my God...it is you" All Might calmed down as he recognized his pupil, "didn't you have some sleep after the guys' night?".

"I tried" said Deku, who looked like he had just risen from the grave. "Actually, I was about to call you so we could talk. Then I received your message. You said you had good news" .

"INDEED!" the now skinny hero corroborated, before coughing. "The rest of class 1A will know tomorrow, but I thought I had to tell you this personally. Have a seat, my boy, because you are going to love it". Deku's fatigue slowly give way to curiosity as he sat in front of his mentor.

"All right. Do you remember Melissa's invention? Full Gauntlet? That red gear you made so good use of?" All Might asked.

"Of course I do! It was awesome!" Deku couldn't forget how it had helped him during the incident at I-Island. He felt terrible when it was destroyed after All Might and him Double Detroit Smashed Wolfram.

"Well," All Might continued, "the fact is that the I-Island School is aware of the item and the results you were able to provide didn't come unnoticed. Melissa is going to be awarded by her school!"

"Really? That's great!"

"That's not all. This time the whole 1A is invited to the event! In other words, my friend, this Friday we are flying back to I-Island!"

Deku's eyes flashed in excitement. Their first visit was amazing, so this time should be even better! The place was incredible, the rest of his friends would be there, and this time there would be no villains ruining the party. And of course, it would be nice to see Melissa again.

"Aaaaand..." All Might finally said "...here is why I had to tell you first: Melissa wants to ask you for a favour".

"A favour? M-me?" Deku asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yes. You see, not only you saved her during our fight against Wolfram, but you are actually the one who showed the world what it was possible to do with this invention. To put it simple, Melissa is expected to give a speech after receiving the award and she would be mostly grateful if you also shared a few words once she's done".

Deku's jaw dropped the floor and whatever he was about to say was lost on its way to his mouth. "As your mentor, I know you tend to be awkward when girls talk to you. So, considering Melissa plans to ask you in persona, I thought it was best for you to be prevented" the pro hero concluded.

"A-All Might..." mumbled Deku in panic, "h-how am I-I supposed to...address t-to...a whole... c-c-crowd?"

"Oh come on! Hardest tasks you have fulfilled! You are my pupil after all!" he answered proudly, "A hero must also learn how to address to the masses. You have seen me doing it plenty of times, haven't you? Besides, as your friend, she's counting on you. You know better than anyone how hard life without a Quirk can be in today's world and how decisive a moment like this can be to her".

This was true. Melissa had never been revealed the origin of One For All, but Deku hadn't forgotten he was born Quirkless too. "You are right" he said, standing up, "this is my duty. As a friend and a hero. I will do it".

"That's what I wanted to hear!" All Might also stood up and shook his hand, "I know you will do a fine job! Now tell me...what do you wanted to talk about?"

When Deku remembered his original problem all his new confidence fell to pieces. "Well...I think we both should take a seat again..." he said. He proceeded to tell All Might about it, as he listened quietly.

End of chapter 1.

So, Deku faces two problems now. What will be All Might's point of view? Will Deku talk to Uraraka? How will the rest of Class 1A receive the news?

This chapter was longer than I expected. I hope you, the few who read it, hadn't fallen asleep!

You will be the judges! If you think the plot could be more interesting, I will gladly read your comments and opinions! It is the pleasure of writting and reading what brings me here. Also, I have tons of fun thanks to comments, so please be my guests.

See you in the next chapter!