The party

I-Expo building, 15th floor.

19:30.

It was not like Uraraka ever doubted of Deku's talents, but the speech had ended up being even better she could had possibly imagined. He had never been quite the extrovert and yet had overcome one of his best known weaknesses, proving himself an outstanding speaker. Melissa had been ecstatic in tears and most of his classmates had clapped loudly with the rest of the public. Now the party was taking place at the 15th floor, where the gang of Class 1A and Melissa's own classmates were going to have a great time.

"My goodness, I think they won't even remember the lame lecture I was giving before! I don't know what to say, Deku!" Melissa thanked again almost choking him in a hug, with Mineta green of envy.

"Whoa! You nailed it, bro!" Kirishima bumped his fist.

"You had us going, Midoriya! You've got the gift of the gab!" Mina exalted.

"Nice work. I wouldn't have done it better" Todoroki congratulated him.

"M-my p-pleasure, Melissa...but I think you are overstating it..." answered an overwhelmed Deku, trying to recapture his breath.

"Oh come on! Don't play modest now! You almost stole the event!" cheered Kaminari.

"No, I mean it! This night belongs to Melissa!" Deku said.

"Nah, now the ceremony is over, from this moment on I am just a girl having fun with her friends at a party. I wouldn't invite you all just to watch me pick a prize! So please enjoy!" Melissa cheerfully requested.

"Remember the bet. You know what to do...if you can" Mineta wickedly told Kaminari to his ear. "You all heard her! Let's have fun!" Mineta caught a glimpse of I-Island Academy's groups of girls and his pervert's instincts were turned on. "Oh! Where are my manners? A gentleman must introduce himself to the ladies!" he made his way towards his selected victims. Nobody in Class 1A bothered to discourage him or give him a definition of the term "gentleman". 

"Uraraka!" Her heart jumped. She really wanted to express how much she had loved the final speech, but it had been impossible with the whole class giving him three congratulations per second. "If it wasn't for you I would have stood up there like an idiot without knowing what to say! You always have supported me through thick and thin, but today I owe this to you!" Now it was Uraraka the one who was out of words. Luckily, he went on. "Well, and to Iida and Todoroki. You are the best friends one could ask for". Todoroki was in such good mood he even smiled, lowered an imaginary hat and went to meet Momo, who was awaiting next to the fruit punch. The rest of the gang had also started to spread to socialize or find their own way of having fun, while Melissa went to receive a hug from her proud father and the non-so-mysterious coated figure that made her awe in euphoria when she recognized her Uncle All Might.

"MIDORIYA!! After your amazingly inspiring performance up there, I can only say...I am proud to be the Representative of the class to which you belong...and to call you my friend!" Iida hugged Deku from behind so forcefully he would likely run out of air. Uraraka giggled, but when she was about to try to cool him down he added: "Come on, Uraraka! Join me! The occasion deserves it!" Well, overacted or not, Iida wasn't wrong. A three friends' hug was definitely worth it. He came closer and joined the hug with Deku in the middle, making it a really memorable picture with two of her best friends, but then:

"There you are! You are the one I wanted to talk to!" Iida said in a stern tone, separating from the until then collective hug and pointing Mei, who had come around while she talked to her phone, with his finger.

"Just a second" Mei, smiley as always, lifted a hand without looking at him. "Ok, ok, I get it. You are the boss. Next time: NO CAPES! Goodbye!" she hung up and looked at Iida without losing her mood. "Jeez, even I will have a hard time to content this little woman!" she laughed, referring to the person she was doing her practices with.