Never just a dream

Saturday, 18:30.

I-Expo's last floor.

Although the place was starting to be filled with people, at that moment Deku could only hear his own heart racing as if it was going to run away. He was sharing a table with Uraraka, Todoroki, Momo, Iida and Tsuyu, but not even their company would be enough to make him relax. "Think of anything else" he told himself closing his eyes.

"Deku? Is everything ok?" he heard.

A few hours ago he was just a bit nervous. Now he felt like this was a final exam for which he hadn't studied at all. However, as soon as he felt the warm and soft touch of Uraraka's hand over his, he stopped thinking about the speech. In fact, he wasn't able to think anymore. Deku opened his eyes and saw Uraraka examining his face so closely she would have had to use her Quirk to prevent him from falling backwards, but there was something that made him stay exactly where he was. He had taken a good look to her dress despite remembering it well, but only then he noticed Uraraka was also wearing a slight touch of eyeliner, as well as lip gloss so subtle it was only appreciable from that distance. Even her skin looked smoother and her cheeks pinker than usual. If someone asked Deku at that moment, Uraraka was the prettiest girl he had ever seen...

"You better remove your hand, Uraraka. Otherwise, my Quirk won't be able to create enough ice to chill him..." commented Todoroki, almost smiling. "Really, Todoroki? You had to choose today, out of the entire year, to joke about a situation?" Deku thought.

"It's perfectly normal to be affraid, Midoriya. But this is nothing you won't handle" told Iida, with not a trace of doubt.

"Yeah, Midoriya! Once you are up there, just imagine all the crowd is naked!" suggested Mineta from the neighboring table. Considering all his friends, including Uraraka, would be the closest ones to the stage, Mineta's advice didn't help at all...

"Man, that trick is older than life..." responded Kaminari.

"So what? It works for me" Mineta proudly said.

"Eeeeew. That means that every time you present a project in front of the class you imagine us all NAKED?" Kirishima grossed out.

"Next time you do a presentation, please look at the wall..." said Toru, disgusted.

"Well, nobody can "imagine" YOU naked, actually..." Koda told quietly to the invisible girl.

When Principal of I-Island Academy announced the beginning of the awards' ceremony everyone present went silent. After some boring lecture, the man announced that a "special guest" from U.A. would introduce and deliver the awards for that year's winners. Deku and the rest were startled. Who in the U.A could be invited as a "special guest" to an invention awards ceremony?

"HELLO EVERYONE!" a figure in an amber dress and fingerless gloves entered the stage from upside using her Wire Arrow.

"You've got to be kidding me..." babbled Iida, totally out of his character.

"It's always good to see people who share my enthusiasm on the field of invention! Of course, I was mostly grateful when the I-Island Academy invited me for this event after the attention my babies received during the Festival. Hi there, Iida!" Mei Hatsume greeted with her signature shameless attitude, causing the Engine user to get rigid and clench his teeth, and most of his classmates to hold their laughs. Deku felt a bit guiltly relieved on the fact now he wasn't the only one facing an awkward situation. After introducing the winners of the minor awards and making some honorable mentions (standing out what a shame it was her own inventions couldn't enter the competition), the moment everyone was waiting came: