"You can do it"

Friday, 20:30.
Uraraka and Tsuyu's room.

Deku gulped for the tenth time and did his best to go on. His nervousness would reach its peak at that point, but there would be no second chance. "And...f-for these many reasons...I-I can say without a doubt...that...I feel the same way...". He had all of Uraraka's attention, but from that point he just stayed in blank...again.

"...when I remember what being a hero represents" Uraraka muttered from the chair she was sitting on while she portrayed the public that would listen to Deku.

"That's it!" Deku cried, checking his notes one more time. "I FEEL THE SAME WAY WHEN I REMEMBER WHAT BEING A HERO REPRESENTS! SO, IN OTHER WORDS, MELISSA, YOU ARE A HERO IN YOUR OWN...!"

"CUT!" Uraraka ordered through a magazine turned into an improvised bullhorn and behind sunglasses she only wore for theatrical reasons. However, Deku was really grateful his friend had offered herself to help him rehearse his speech. He had been worried about what would be going through her mind after what had happened the day before and even feared she was upset for not having told her about his business with Melissa before, so Uraraka's help in her campy and best intentioned way was more than welcome. "Come on Deku, you almost got this. Just keep it natural" she said.

"I don't know. Right now, I'd rather face the League of Villains on my own than facing a listening crowd of hundreds" Deku sighed. They had been practising for a while and he didn't want to waste Uraraka's time.

"Hey. Don't talk like that" she said more sternly, removing her movie director's sunglasses. When she was about to make a statement, no cheesiness was allowed. "Have you forgotten? Your own name?" Uraraka asked.

"Huh? What does my name to do with...ouch!" she had softly hit his head with the rolled magazine. She glared as she waited for an answer.

"I'm...". No, he wasn't doing this as Izuku Midoriya. "I'm Deku" he said semiconfidently.

"And what does this name mean?" she asked, expecting a very specific answer.

Deku then saw what she meant. How could he possibly forget the meaning SHE gave to his name the very first day at UA. "It means...you can do it" he answered, invaded by nostalgia.

"Correct! It means YOU, Deku, can do it!" Uraraka happily nodded. "I really meant it the first time I called you like that and I have no regrets. It never matters if it is about exams, training, competitions or villains. You have made honour to this name time after time. And this time, *it* refers to *making the best speech possible*. Nothing has changed, you see?".

She was flashing that smile. Not a smile but THAT smile. The one that, according to Deku, could rival the Sun in the blackest night and made him wish one day he deserved having someone like her by his side. Well, not someone "like" her really...

"You are right" he said. Determination was now flowing through him from bones to teeth. "Let's do this one more time!".

"Yeah! That's the Deku I know!" Uraraka jumped before sitting back and retaking her role. "ACTION!" she said, making Deku roll his eyes and smile at the same time. He was about to start again when the door was opened.

"I'm here, Ochako. Oh, hello Midoriya. I didn't know you'd be here too" the frog girl greeted.

"Hello, Tsuyu. Sorry, I needed some practice for tomorrow and Uraraka was helping me" Deku said, pointing to Uraraka. "I was about to recite all of it for the last time".

"Actually, we should call it a day, Deku. You are more than ready. Just remember what we've talked" Uraraka standed up, and suddenly came back to her former impression of a Hollywood director. "That would be all for today! I want the whole cast up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m! And someone tell the boy in practice who dreams of getting paid to bring me a coffee!" she joked in a grave and overserious tone of voice through the rolled magazine. Deku almost managed not to laugh. One could never get tired of Uraraka's personality.

"You two always find a way to have fun, that's for sure, ribbit" Tsuyu's eyes had a bright of amusement in her apparently unexpresive face. "She's right, Midoriya. We all agree you are the guy they need to hear. You should take some rest. Tokoyami is already there."

"Yeah, I think I'll take your advice. Thank you all, Tsuyu. Your support means a lot. And thank you very much, Uraraka. I feel way more capable because of you" Deku said from his heart.

"A-anytime, Deku. I'm always happy to help you..." she felt Tsuyu's big eyes glancing over her. "Or...anyone, of course" she added. Deku was thankful she did. One more kind word from her and he would steam like a teapot.

"All right! See you tomorrow, girls. Don't worry, this is under control" he confidently declared before leaving. It had been great. As soon as he had told Uraraka he was having problems to prepare his lines, she had immediately offered him a hand. "WHOAA...I WAS...AT A GIRL'S...NO...AT URARAKA'S ROOM...FOR ABOUT AN HOUR..." Deku then realised. It was for work, he remembered. Work is priority. "It means you, Deku, can do it" she had said. But what if "it" referred to confess he had a feeling he wasn't sure how to interpret? What if "do it" implied risks he didn't want for the Nice Person? What if "you can do it" wasn't equal to "you must do it"? He had no time to ask "what if" then, but sooner or later he would be face to face with her, with nowhere to hide and none to blame.

Friday, 21:30.

IzuOcha Squad Chat (created by Mina)

Momo🛠: I don't believe we are doing this...🙄

Mina👽: Hey, we promised we wouldn't force her to talk about it. That doesn't mean we can't share opinions between us!!😁😁😁😁❣❣

Tsuyu🐸: I told you they were just rehearsing for tomorrow. They didn't even stutter or blush like they usually do.

Toru👚: Suuuure. You didn't ask about it because you didn't want to be asked about Tokoyami 😍

Jirou🎧: Look who's talking. You carry a nice photo of Ojiro with you...😼😼😼

Toru👚: I TOOK IT LAST WEDNESDAY WHEN WE TRAINED TOGETHER!! I JUST ENJOY TAKING PHOTOS AND SELFIES! BLAME FACEBOOK! IT MEANS NOTHING!!😨😨😨😨

Jirou🎧: Well, if you don't really like him, there is always Mineta. I bet you can teach him to appreciate internal beauty...😂😂

Toru👚: 🍇🚫 😱😱😱

Mina👽: Giiiirls. We all have our own Romeo here, but now let's focus on the most obvious.

Momo🛠: I'm not someone who enjoys gossips...but as sure as my Quirk is Creation that these two have more than words to share...

Mina👽: and we created a chat just to discuss Ochako's problem. With all modesty, we are the absolute best friends💜💜

(....)

Friday, 21:45
Official KiriMina in 3...2...1⏳Chat (created by Momo)

Ochako👩‍🚀: Oh, really?🙈 did w need a chat for discussing this?

Tsuyu🐸: Trust me, Ochako, you shouldn't worry about that...

End of chapter 8.

Here is the reward for your patience! I hope it lives up to your expectations. Now we are getting closer to the climax of the story I decided to focus a little more on comedy for this one.

Please tell me I succeeded in tricking you in the first lines of the chapteeeer (if not, it was worth trying). Anyway, let's see if Deku is as ready as he feels for tomorrow. Uraraka could have confessed then but she priorized to help him instead. That's the friend everyone wants and few people deserve...

Once again thanks for your readings. I didn't plan to make a sequel for this story, but since I have a few ideas, let's see what you think once it is finished.

Honest Fiction will have the following chapter as soon as possible and will take a look at other subjects for future ideas.

This is for you, Wattpad community🍻🍻🍻