Ready to go

Saturday, 16:00.

Deku and Tokoyami's room

No matter how many times Deku reviewed his notes. Unlike the day before, where Uraraka was his only listener, addressing all that people would be far from enjoyable. He decided to check his phone, just to give his head a rest, and only then he discovered it was filled with messages:

Mom: Izuku, my baby, have no fear. You'll do a great job, as you always do. Please, call me as soon as it ends.

Mirio: Good luck on behalf of us three, Midoriya. Go up there and show them all what heroes are made of! We won't be far!

Kota: I know you'll be fine! This is nothing compared to what you endured during the camp!

Shinso: Monoma has been mocking for a week. He says you won't be a better speecher than your friend Bakugou at the Festival. Do us a favour and shut him down.

Eri: Hi:). I'm sure they will like what you say. I did like it when you talked to me.

Gran Torino: Hello! I'm finally using a mobile phone! Tell me: who are you?

All Might: The day has come, young Izuku! And it will be a memorable day! Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE THERE! AND YOU WILL TAKE A SMALL BUT IMPORTANT STEP TO BECOME MY SUCCESSOR! This is a momentous occasion for Melissa and David, but also for you and the U.A., so remember: just be yourself. It is yourself who has brought you this far.

Deku felt overwhelmed. He still couldn't believe the amount of people that were supporting him. If only All Might was there...but if he wasn't ready yet to meet Melissa in his original form, Deku would put on his hero costume and would do exactly what his childhood hero did better than anyone in front of the masses.

"Aren't you ready yet, Tokoyami?" he asked through the toilet's door.

"Give us a second!" Dark Shadow passed under the door and made Deku jump.

"Dammit. Why are you the only one allowed to wear his hero costume? My black cape suits me way better than formal clothes!" Tokoyami grumbled as he opened the door, revealing his black, gray and white suit. "Go ahead and say it. I look like a penguin!"

"No! You look great for the occasion!" Deku managed to keep his laugh on the inside. Tokoyami could be unintentionally funny sometimes.

"Well, I shouldn't be complaining anyway. You are having the hardest task tonight. Let's get moving".

Saturday, 16:25.

Hotel's hall.

"I can't wait to hear what Midoriya will say! To be honest, I would have a hard time in his place" Iida said.

"Well, his speech can't be worse received than yours at the Festival. Right, Bakugou?" Kirishima pestered.

"Shut up. You better be worried about the Pinky" repplied Bakugou.

"Speaking of whom, are you officially dating or what? We must know which girls are available!" asked Mineta.

"Easy, fellows. All your questions shall be answered tonight" Kirishima said with his confident smile. "There are always slow dancing songs. Aaaaand, in those situations...actions speak louder than words".

"It doesn't matter" Mineta shrugged. "The blonde angel will introduce us to her female classmates. Picture all those exotic beauties...it will be heaven itself!" he stated in a high pitched voice and shiny eyes. "Don't you agree, Kaminari?". The Electricity user was as dorky as usual, but he seemed legitimately desinterested for the first time. In fact, he looked kind of absent.

"What's wrong, Pikachu? Have you already been captured?" smirked Sero.

"I'll have you know...that my buddy and I have made a bet" Mineta told as he grinned maniacally. "Two thousand yen, Kaminari. If you want to retreat, do it now..."

Kaminari gulped, but he standed his ground. "Don't worry, Mineta. I'll make good use of your money" he gave thumbs up to the rest of his friends, making them scratch their heads and wonder what that bet would consist of. Meanwhile, Todoroki met Tokoyami and Deku, and Iida got back to his duty as Representative.

"Where are the girls? We were supposed to be ready ten minutes ago!" Iida cried carrying his hands to his head.

"Waiting for someone?" Mina's playful voice was heard as the gates of the elevator opened.

The girls had arrived and what a way of making an appearance. Mina was wearing a sky blue dress with a violet brand around her waist and white heels. This time, Momo had chosen a long crimson one that revealed half of her back, as well as white bracelets and earrings. She also wore a tight red necklace that matched the dress perfectly. Jirou was wearing a more formal black leather jacket over a short dress that consisted of a black top and a purple skirt. Her tights were magenta coloured and ended in a pair of black shoes more suitable for dancing. Toru benefited from her invisibility to show a tight outfit that included an ivory white short dress that reached her knees to meet a pair of matched high boots, long gloves and even a diadem of the same colour. Tsuyu looked a little uncomfortable with her hair tightened up for the occasion, but she was great in her emerald green dress, which included a golden belt and reached below her knees leaving sight of a pair of yellow sandals. And last but not least there was Uraraka, wearing the same sleeveless white and pink dress with black tights and red heels she wore for the previous party.

Most of the boys clapped, whistled or just standed there with their jaws hitting the floor. Todoroki nodded and muttered something to Momo that seemed to flatter her. Iida was internally struggling since he couldn't decide whether to reprimand them for being late or tell them how awesome they looked. Even Tokoyami's frown disappeared for a moment and Bakugou had the courtesy to raise an eyebrow. As for Deku, he had to put on his costume's hood so his blush wasn't so evident when he went to meet Uraraka. Seriously, how could it be he had seen her in that dress before and now he was unsuccessfully trying to tell Uraraka how gorgeous she looked? Fortunately, she just giggled and flashed her best smile, guessing what Deku was trying to say.

"One of these days I'll have to instruct this class in the basic concept of punctuality..." Mr Aizawa made everyone come back to Earth. His now completely different and formal outfit hadn't change his strict persona one bit.

"ALL RIGHT, CLASS 1A! THE TIME HAS COME! WE ARE GOING TO I-EXPO!" Iida's internal struggle had come to an end.

In their way to the building, Deku tried to mentally repeat the speech he was about to give, which was a ten times harder now he had the formally dressed Uraraka walking beside him. That without mentioning he was supposed to speak to her later and yet had no idea how to tell her what he needed to tell her...

End of chapter 10.

Pleaaaaase don't hate me yeeeeet. The last chapters are almost ready but this one was going to be too long and I decided to divide it for a better structure. Only the best for my story and readers.

I know little or nothing about fashion, so I apologize if you think the outfits I described for the girls weren't that good (blame Aoyama).

Also, I wonder what kind of bet would have made Kaminari and Mineta...

Next chapter will be about the beginning of the ceremony, I promise. Tonight I will start working since tomorrow is my free day in the week.

Honest Fiction greets you all and is mostly grateful for the almost 900 readings this story has got. If there is someone new in Wattpad reading it, don't forget I am new too. If I can write a story, why shouldn't you?