Intervention

Tuesday, 19:15

Hotel's dining hall

Uraraka liked a bowl of curry ramen as much as the next person, but she had already eaten half of hers and she still found it as tasteless as paperboard. She wasn't even hungry. She hadn't felt so stirred up since the exam for the hero license, when some of the boys insinuated that something had happened between Deku and that girl from Shiketsu High School. Why would Melissa want to talk to him in private? Sure, she owed him the attention his invention had received, but could it be there was something more? Uraraka remembered how well both of them got on during their first visit. There was no denial Melissa was beautiful, mannered, a genius and, all in all, she looked like any schoolboy's perfect girl. Not to mention she was able to stand out and had proven herself a hero in her own right with no need of a Quirk. Uraraka knew anyone who had archieved something like that. Nobody could blame Deku if...

"Oh la la! Look who finally shows up!" slyly announced Aoyama.

"How did it go, womanizer?" bugged Sero when Deku sat at the table. Uraraka didn't need a second look to know he was nervous, but it seemed he had mentally prepared for the teasing and had something to say.

"Listen, guys..."

"First the hottie from Shiketsu and now Melissa Shield? And we thought you were the awkward one!" Kaminari complained.

"MIDORIYA!! YOU GREEDY AND OPPORTUNIST BASTARD! IT WAS MY TURN! SHE SAID I WAS KIND...!" Mineta yelled crying in rage, before Toru's invisible hand picked one of the little pervert's own grape-like balls and stuck it into his mouth.

"What is your secret, man? You just got off a plane and you got female attention!" Kaminari kept teasing.

"You are wrong. I can explain..." Deku was desperately trying to make himself heard. Uraraka wasn't feeling comfortable about the situation, but when she was about to stand up to leave she found Bakugou's fire red glance directly over her. He hadn't said a word since Deku had arrived but now he was looking at her as if he was impatiently trying to figure out something. She felt such a chill she resolved to keep on her seat. Fortunately, Tsuyu put a hand on her shoulder. "Don't listen to these guys, Ochako. You know how they are" she whispered. Tsuyu was definitely a good friend, but Uraraka didn't care about gossips as much as about what was going on really. She looked at Deku and felt him stuttering as he always did when it came to girls. Then their eyes met for some seconds. The girl hadn't thought until now how he would be feeling at that moment. It made her feel kind of selfish.

"EEEEENOOOOOUGH!" Iida's voice sounded like whiplash. The Class Rep was standing on his feet. All the members of the table looked at him at once. "I won't have this invasion of privacy! What Midoriya has talked about with our host doesn't concern us!". Iida's words made Uraraka know what she should have been doing all the time. She wouldn't allow Deku was put through such an embarrassing situation any longer.

"I'm with Iida on this" she stood up as well. If someone later decided to joke about her having feelings for Deku, so be it."Deku is our classmate and friend, and this is all ways of disrespectful".

"Not only towards him, but also towards Melissa" Todoroki's stoic voice was heard as he joined them.

"Boys, you are the absolute worst" Jirou reproached, especially to Kaminari and Mineta.

"Besides, he's been trying to tell us something. Isn't that right, Deku?" Uraraka didn't know how she was able to go that far in such a firm tone, but Deku's look of relief and gratitude adressed to her almost made her blush again. It was worth it. In fact, for a second she feared he was about to release one of his geisers of tears, but he composed himself quickly and proceeded to explain everything. Uraraka was shocked on the fact that Deku would be giving a speech in front of a crowd of people. That didn't sound like something Deku would be comfortable with. He must really care for Melissa.