Three in a row

Saturday, 20:15.

I-Expo building's last floor.

************

"It'd be bad luck if you fell, right?"

"But *Deku* sounds like the Japanese word for *You can do it!*, so I kinda like it."

"You've helped me so much, Uraraka. That's why I thought maybe I could help you a little."

"Deku, you've been amazing since I met you..."

"I-it looks good on you! Yeah, really good..."

"I'll be watching, ok? Good luck!"

"This is my hero name!"

"At least let me do this!"

**************

The shock only lasted a second, before all the memories of their bonding moments came back in line to Deku's mind. Right now, her sight, her smell, the sound of her voice, the touch of her skin...and now the taste of her lips, were the only thing his senses knew in the world. And, as absurd as it was, the only question he could think of was why he hadn't kissed her from day one.

****************

"I'll win! I'll win and I'll be like Deku, too!"

"Your boyfriend?"

"Do you...like him?"

"Glove? Dove? Shove? I don't know what you are talking about!!"

"You look like you are having fun, Deku".

"There is someone you like, right?"

"There, there. Your feelings must be strong if this is the best you can hide them".

***************

The music was still on, but Uraraka would only hear her own heartbeat. They had been coming closer and closer...and she had made the last movement, with no thinking at all. However, any shade of doubt or regret would have evaporated when Deku finished to embrace her and started to deepen it. They were both inexperienced kissers, but the way their lips had smoothly locked felt as natural as if they were made for each other. From sharing some time alone to confessing, and from dancing together to kissing. The night had taken an absolutely magical twist, better than she could ever have dreamed of.

When they separated, no music was heard, and their slight panting revealed they hadn't breathe for over a minute. They slowly opened their eyes and looked at each other, neither of them sure about what to say. Then Uraraka's phone's buzz jump scared them.

"S-SORRY I HAVE TO ANSWER THIS!" Uraraka cried, turning around. She felt so happy, excited, embarrassed and dizzy at the same time that she couldn't decide whether she should thank or kill the person who texted her.

"Y-YES, OF COURSE!" cried Deku in response, also turning around and checking his own silent phone instinctively. It happened he had a couple of messages from his mother:

Mom: IZUKU MY BABYYY 💦💦💦😭😭😭😭💦💦💦!! Mr All Might called me and told me you did a great job! I'm so proud! I hope you are having a great time at the party!!

Really? All Might had personally called his mother? Well...a great time would be an understatement...

Mom: By the way, did you talk with this Uraraka girl that came home to see you a few days ago? She seemed really nice! Tell me about it when you come back!

Yeah...he had definitely talked with...Ochako. "Now let's see how I put it when I come back..." he thought in embarrassment.

Meanwhile, Uraraka read the text one of her friends had sent her:

Tsuyu 🐸: The party is almost over for us. Iida says we will be leaving in ten minutes. Wherever you two are, you better hurry.

"Well..." Uraraka muttered in resignation. This marvelous time with Deku had been too short for her. Come to think a bit, even if they had the whole night, she wouldn't have enough of it, but it was time to come back to reality. "Tsuyu texted" she muttered. "She says we only have ten minutes before we go back to the hotel. You know, tomorrow we have a plane to take...".

"Yes...we have to get back to classes and training. This is what we do..." Deku sadly anwered, as they standed back to back.

"I had a lot of fun..." Ochako said, forcing herself not to turn.

"So did I...". Did it really had to end so soon? "Come on, think of something..." he started his classical muttering. He remembered something he carried in his costume's belt.

Uraraka sighed. It wasn't going to be easier, no matter how much they waited. "Well then!" she said, closing her eyes and trying to sound natural. "Let's get going before Iida scold us! Tomorrow is going to be a long day and...!"

When she had walked about three metres, she felt something had tightly caught her waist. Uraraka only had time to realize it was that tape they used during training before Deku, who had masterfully threw it and caught her, pulled and made her turn over herself until she was again nose to nose with him. Deku's eye of determination was the last thing she saw before he put a hand on the back of her head and kissed her. It only lasted a few seconds, but to her it was even better than the first, and more than enough to make them breathe heavily as they separated.

"Deku..." she muttered, happily jumping on the inside, "...we don't have time".

"We will. When we are back" he promised looking her into the eyes. What had happened there, was NOT going to stay there.

"Right now, there are only eight minutes left..." she reluctantly remembered.

"It only takes one to get down..." Deku took her face in his hands, with his heart running a thousand per hour, and his mouth working at the same speed. Uraraka grinned and almost squealed. Wasting no second, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Anything to say before the countdown?" she joyfully asked, ready to have the shortest seven minutes of her life.

"I love you" the words just came out from Deku. When he was conscious about what he had just said and how true it was, heat and color returned to his face. As it true as it was, maybe it had been too much for just one night...

For Uraraka, on the other hand, now there was no way she held back her tears of joy.

"I love you too, Deku" Uraraka muttered, as fearlessly as he had.
That was it. Deku went ecstatic and wished he could hold her for the rest of his life.

At the same time, they started to kiss for the few minutes left. After all, from this moment on, every time they spent together will be short for them.

End of chapter 14.

Wow! Three kisses in a row! Now this chapter was satisfying to write! Yeah, I took the idea for that part in which Deku uses the tape from Marc Webb's The Amazing Spiderman. It might not be the best superhero movie, but I liked that certain scene.

Sorry, I was wrong. After this, there will be one more chapter and the epilogue. Don't worry, there will be no filler in this story.

Hey, you wouldn't think they would just kiss in a party and go home as if anything had happened, would you? I'm not made of stone!!😢

Honest Fiction thanks you all for waiting and sends you a hug. I love writting and if you enjoy one of my stories, I will be delighted to keep writting it for you.

See ya!