So simple, yet difficult

Friday, 11:30

Since it would be a long flight, with plenty of time to talk, the girls decided to sit together and separated from the fourteen male members of Class 1A. This time it was Momo's time to feel embarrassment since she confessed she had met Todoroki at the beach during sunset. Once Toru and Mina heard the last part of the "date" and had done their best not to squeal too loud, the conversation took another direction:

"Ochako, you are not very talkative since yesterday. Is something wrong?" Jirou asked.

"Well...I didn't tell you but...I went to Deku's house yesterday..." Uraraka stuttered after taking a deep breath. The answer made most of the girls' eyes wide open and Toru spit the apple juice she was drinking. They lowered their voices so the boys didn't peep.

"Tell us what happened, pleaaaase...!" Mina muttered. Momo gave her a warning glare.

********
Thursday, 19:30
Deku's house

"Oh, hello. Can I help you?" asked Inko Midoriya to the pink cheeked and nervously smiling girl who had knocked the door.

"G-good evening. I'm sorry to disturb you so lately. Is Deku here?" managed to ask Uraraka.

"Deku?"

"I MEAN...Midoriya!" she rectified. Her legs were yelling at her to run away.

"Oh you are a friend of Izuku's! Sorry, he is still out training..."

"Oh, I see. Well, never mind, it is not that urgent and I will see him tomorrow anyway so..."

"But it shouldn't take long! Why don't you come in and have a cup of tea?" Mrs Midoriya invited her. The woman's smile was as warm as her manners. Definitely this was Deku's mother...which was not helping Uraraka to calm down.

" I-I-I w-would love to. But it is really late and Dek...Midoriya will be tired and..."

"Now I notice!" Inko said happily. "I saw you on TV during the Festival! Wouldn't you be...Ochako Uraraka? Izuku spoke about you!"

The girl didn't need to look in a mirror to know her face would be red as a tomato. Deku spoke about her at home? She didn't want to know about it!

"I...I...am...I'm sorry I have to go..." Uraraka bowed her head and started to run before Inko could say another word.

Once she turned a corner she slowed down and caught her breath. Unfortunately, the embarrassment she was feeling took that breath away as soon as it came. She felt like she was almost about to cry. Why would she have come in the first place? Her panting was starting to slow down when she felt a pair of hands touching her shoulders:

"Uraraka...?"

She let out a cry and without thinking she put a hand on the chest of whoever this person was. When her sight was clear she realised Deku was holding her as he floated.

"I...I AM SO SORRY!" she cried, closing her eyes again and putting her fingers together. "RELEA...!"

"URARAKA, ARE YOU ALL RIGHT?" asked Deku while he held her and looked her into the eyes, as if he hadn't notice they were already seven feet from the ground. Uraraka had seen the determination in his will power green eyes on multiple occasions, but this was the first time that look she found so captivating was totally focused on her. The bad emotions that were invading her a few seconds ago seemed to evaporate and for that moment on time seemed to stop. Deku's expression of concern slowly turned into a new one for Uraraka, as if they were looking at each other for the first time. Now they were in the air both holding each other, with the moon and stars as only witnesses. It was dark, but to Uraraka the sight of Deku caring for her was clear as daylight.