"Nice to see you again"

Friday, 17:50
I-Island's airport

Finally, the students of Class 1-A reached their destiny and landed under the supervision of Mr Aizawa. The teacher monotely informed there were ten rooms reserved for them in the hotel, so each one would be shared by two students. As soon as he made the announcement a hand as fast as a lighting raised.

"No, Mineta, a boy and a girl won't be roommates" stated the hero known as Eraser Head, with no need to check whose hand was that. Not even Deku could help but roll his eyes once they heard Mineta's groan.

Fortunately, Aizawa paired Deku with Tokoyami. The bird headed student was a boy of few words but they were currently having a good conversation about past battles and possible future uses of their respective Quirks. However, the first reason Deku had sitted next to him during the flight was precisely Tokoyami's private personality. He wasn't in the mood for an hours long conversation after what happened with Uraraka. He swore he still could smell her. Now all he wanted to do was to have some rest and prepare his speech for...

"GUYS!" a nice voice was heard as a beautiful blonde teenager run to meet them.

"MELISSA!" Deku and the part of the class she already knew greeted her, equally happy. Most of them, actually. Bakugou looked away and muttered something almost uncomprehensible that was supposed to mean "hello".

"It's nice to see you again, Melissa" said Deku happily.

"Absolutely!" said a relatively composed Kaminari under Jirou's watchful eye.

"We could see you everyday!" added Mineta, in a creepy fashion that luckily was not adverted by Melissa, who laughed in response.

"You are too kind!" she joyfully answered, while the rest of the girls were having goosebumps.

"You came all the way to the airport to welcome us, with all the award stuff going on?" asked Uraraka in astonishment.

"Speaking of kindness!" Kirishima spoke for everyone.

"Oh, I couldn't wait to see you all again. I-Island is forever grateful for what you did. Especially my father and I" Melissa smiled sincerely.

"NO NEED TO MENTION IT! WE ARE HEROES IN TRAINING! IT IS OUR DUTY TO KEEP CIVILIANS SAFE IN ANY SITUATION...!"

"Quit it, Four Eyes. Everybody knows what heroes do for living" interrupted Bakugou.

"Bakugou!" said Iida in a stern tone. "As long as I am Class 1-A Representative you shall moderate your tone and respect me as such! What's Melissa going to think?"

David Shield's daughter just giggled. Deku guessed All Might would have told her about his students. It was good to see her happy. Her father had to face legal charges and Deku had no doubt All Might would have supported them in every way. David was a close old friend of his and he knew he had the best intentions when he orchestrated the "fake" villains' attack. Even if some people were resentful for his actions, this event would help to remember everyone the Shield family was on the heroes' side. The green haired thought his work might be more important than he believed now his mentor had retired from the public eye.

Once they congratulated her on her archievement, Melissa was delighted to meet the rest of the Class and the feeling was reciprocated. Some of them even pleasurably showed her their Quirks. Even Tokoyami, a bit reluctantly, "introduced" Dark Shadow to Melissa. She was also delighted to meet the Pro Hero Eraser Head, who also congratulated the prodigy girl and shook her hand.

"Okay, everyone. It is time to get moving. Midoriya, meet us at the hotel later. I think Melissa wants to talk to you in private first" announced Mr Aizawa.

Deku felt so embarrassed he wished he was invisible like Toru. He knew from All Might that Melissa wanted to talk, but was there any need to make it an announcement in front of the whole class? He had told nobody about the speech! To say his classmates were curious would be an understatement. Some of them were already whispering. Others like Aoyama and Sero smirked as if they knew what was that about. Even Bakugou looked at him in silent suspicion. Deku turned instinctively to see the girls' faces but all of them were already on their way to the hotel, with Uraraka leading them. He didn't know what to make of it.

"See you in the room, Midoriya" said Tokoyami following the rest.

"Y...y...yes, I'll be there soon" Deku felt kind of relieved everyone had left, despite the fact he would be bombed with more than one awkard question later.

"Deku? Is something wrong?" asked Melissa as she adjusted her glasses.

"Oh no no!" Deku responded shaking his two hands. "I'm all ears!"

"Well, first of all, I wanted to thank you again for saving my life".

"About that, that night I may not have gotten that far if it wasn't for Full Gauntlet. It was your invention, so you did at least half of the work. Besides, to be fair, All Might..." he stopped right there. He realised Melissa would already know about All Might's retirement.

"Yes" Melissa kept her smile but she lowered her eyes. Deku knew too well how hard it was to hold tears. "Uncle All Might did his best and succeeded in saving the day...as he always did..."

"Forgive me, Melissa. We all saw his last battle against All For One. It must have been even harder for you".

"It was hard indeed" she said as she rubbed her eyes. "You know how close Dad and him were. But even if he can't use his Quirk anymore it's good to know he's still doing a great job teaching at U.A. I keep contact with him and he told me he is proud his old friend's daughter is going to be awarded for an invention based on his power. Precisely, that leads me to you".

"You want me to give a little speech after it, don't you?"

"Uncle All Might already told you?"

"He did. Which I am glad, because otherwise right now I would be dying of flattery" Deku answered rubbing the back of his head. "I promised him I would do my best and now I promise you too. I will be ready for tomorrow" he guaranteed. Melissa opened her mouth to answer but then she only flashed an even bigger smile and hugged Deku.

"This wasn't on the skript! Thank goodness everyone has left!" he thought, just slightly blushed. She was only a friend who needed help after all. And Deku still hadn't come out with any idea, which made him feel nervous again.

"Thanks a lot, Deku" she said as she separated. "To be honest, I was nervous. After what happened it was a controversial decision to pick David Shield's daughter as the winner."

"Tell me, how is he?" Deku dared to ask.

"Oh, Dad's fine. He's back to work and will attend tomorrow. He is also glad you are following the former Symbol of Peace's steps, as well as I'm following his."

"Well, I still have a long way to be able to fill All Might's shoes!" Deku said modestly.

"Speaking of which, how are you all doing in UA?" Melissa asked as they walked to the exit.

"I won't lie. It is getting harder but as usual we don't step back. We are meeting new heroes and getting into some trouble. I guess you have seen the news" he answered, remembering Kacchan's rescue. They kept talking until they reached the hotel.

"See you all tomorrow, Deku. I can't wait! The entire Class 1-A is amazing!"

"Bye!" There was no denial Melissa was a great girl. No wonder why All Might was so concerned about her and had trusted him to help her. He took the elevator, more determined to write the speech. All Might was right: at this moment he needed to focus. Once it was done, he would have all the time in the world to confess to Uraraka. He reached the floor and addressed to his and Tokoyami's room.

End of Chapter 5.

Too much Melissa maybe? Honestly this hasn't been my best chapter. I hope I can compensate it in the next chapter. I will do my best.

If you think my chapters are too short or the story is developed too slowly, I am ready to read your opinions. Sharing is caring.

Honest Fiction is thankful for your reading and thinking of more personal writing for the future.