8

Nathan's POV

After Anna was done examining the fox, she decided to put a cast on his leg. I found out it was a him when Anna was examing him.

"He should wake up in an hour or two, but I'd like to tell you some things in private." She told me and left the room with me following behind her.

"Please sit down because what I have to tell you will either shock you or make you angry, so incase you get angry use thing." She told me giving me a stress ball. I gave her a quizzical look and decided to take her advice and sit down.

"Nat, that fox shifter was abandoned." She told me bluntly. I looked at her and asked, "How do you know if hes been abandoned?" She sighed and continued, "I know because fox shifters usually stick close to their family or to their mate. This fox was left alone in that forest. He probably doesn't even remember how to shift into his human form." I looked at her in shock and without realizing it the stress ball that I was holding suddenly burst, leaving me to seethe in anger and to then calm down.

"Why.... why would his family abandon him?" I asked with sadness laced in my voice. "Nat he was probably abandoned because hes blind." She told me and I nodded in understanding.

I decided to go for a run to calm my wolf and to calm my nerves. We ran for what seemed like forever until we reached a place known as Lunar Lake. I looked at the water and decided to talk with my wolf.

"Hes our mate you know." Storm, my wolf, said to me. I nodded and replied, "Yes, I know but he's blind." Storm growled at that and shouted, "YOU PEICE OF SHIT! SO WHAT IF HE'S BLIND HE STILL DESERVES TO BE LOVED, HE WAS AVANDONED AND LEFT TO DIE!" I nodded and replied, "Your right he deserves to be loved and we're going to give that to him. I will also give him the family he needs." Storm howled in agreement and retreated to his cave in my mind and without realizing it an hour had passed and I decided to head back to check up on my mate, too make sure he was okay.