42 (Amber's Journey)

Amber's POV

I watched as William and his mate snuggled against each other of their couch. I had heard Will's screams last night, caused by their pack doctor; cleaning, stitching, and bandaging his back. I had actually grown fond of Will, he had his mate and a pack to belong too. While I wasn't even sure if I'd be able to find my mate and find my child. I had lied about The Snake Bite holding my mate captive. In reality they held me and my child captive. 

There was one time that Gus came to get me. It was during the night and I was sleeping in my cell, my child curled up by my side. I had awoken to the sound of the door creaking and the smell of mint and lime. It was my mate. 

-Flash back-

"Amber wake up. I've come to get you." My mate said too me as I stared, wondering if he was real. I had hallucinated him many times, non of them were real. So was this really him. "Are you real?" I questioned him tiredly, reaching up to touch his face. I felt a tear hit my cheek and realized that he was crying. "Yes, I'm real. Now come one we have to get out of here." He told me and I nodded realizing that I would slow us down and that we would then get captured. 

I looked up and picked up our child. "I can't come with. I'll just slow us down." I told him with a saddened smile. "No, you have to come." Gus told me taking our child from my arms and holding her in his. "I'm sorry, but I can't. I promise that when I escape, I'll come and find you." I told my mate, letting the tears slide down my face. 

"I love you. I promise I'll come back for you." he told me, a promise that would never come true. "Thank you. Now leave." I told him kissing him and then painfully letting go, watching as he left, carrying our daughter. 

-End of Flashback. 

That was three years ago. Having been away from your mate fro three years takes a toll on your mind and body.  I decided that once we left Lachlan's pack to find my mate and daughter. I stood up from the stool that I was sitting on, and wrote a note, saying that I'll return with my mate and for the reason as to why I lied. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week had passed since leaving that note and I was now in what I believe is the northern point of the Arctic Region. The coldest point, but it didn't bother me. I grew up here, in the forests and where the snow never melted. My fur had kept me warm, and the prey that lived here were mostly snow elk and mooses. I had been born up in the northern mountains, where I was heading too now, and was left there to survive on my own. Arctic wolves, were generally bigger than normal wolves, but I was born small and had extremely poor health back then.  

But as the years passed, I grew stronger, although keeping my small size. I had found my mate, when I was chasing a snow elk and ended up running it into his territory. The memories of meeting him for the time flashed through my mind.

-Flashback-

I watched as the elk, ate berries off of a snow berry bush. I stalked closer, only stopping when it looked up. I blended in with the snow, so it would never see me coming. I hunched down and crouched closer until I ran full speed at the elk. Watching as it ran,  beginning the chase.

I bounded over rocks and jumped over fallen trees, matching the elk's speed as we ran through the forest. I was lost in the chase and hadn't realized that I had crossed into pack land, the pack that roamed here was ruthless too rouges, even if they were just passing through. My favorite thing was to tease them by eating my meals, by their territorial line. There was a time that I was brave enough to cross there line, I learned my mistake because I was soon chased out by them. Escaping with a cracked bone in my left hind leg, making me unable to hunt.