22

Williams POV

I woke up feeling something furry and warm next to me. I then remembered what had happened yesterday, I ran to fast and my momentum kept me going until I ran into the lake.

I was lucky it wasn't the middle of the winter. The winters in the Artic Region are beautiful, but deadly. There were times that I went hungry during the winter due to lack of prey and snowstorms.

I decided that while my mate was still in his dead sleep that I would hunt, and make us breakfast. I shifted to my human form to gently open and close the door to the cabin. I shifted so that my already heightened senses, from being blind, double as I let Rin take over.

We stalked the forest for few minutes and smelt a very delicious smell. An artic hare was out and about. I stalked closely, stopping when it sniffed the air. I got close enough and pounced on it, breaking its neck and thanking the goddess. Knowing that this wasn't going to be enough, I continued my hunt, burying the hare and scenting it so I know where to come and find it.

My second hunt was that of a unique kind of prey. A Muntjac, or Barking Deer, I had hunted these before, but they aren't the easiest to catch. I only hunted them if need be, but this small deer would make a good meal for a wolf.

I approached it with caution, weary of it hoves. One kick could break my jaw or worse my skull. As I focused on my prey, I didnt realize that its hers had saw me and warned it. Without thinking, and not giving it a chance to run, I launched myself onto it's back and felt it buck, trying to get me off. My grip was tight on it, and it was running out of energy.

As it ran out of energy, I managed to get it on its side and kill it by ripping its throat out. I agai. Thanked the goddess and began the long process of dragging it back, stopping at where I buried the hare, I had killed earlier.

As I dragged the Muntjac, the hare on top its side, to the cabin I noticed that my mate was there waiting. "Well someone had successful hunt." He told me with, what I sensed, a smirk. I chirped at him and decided to shift back not caring, it was cold, and began dragging the Muntjac into the cabin.

"Sorry if there's a blood trail." I told him, he just chuckled and before i could drag it into the kitchen, he picked it up and carried it there and set it on the counter.

"Thankyou." I told him shyly. He just chuckled and asked, "Do you want help? With cutting it." I nodded my head and together we worked on cutting, skinning, and removing the bones, eyes, tongue, brain, and other things we don't eat. I of course don't mind eating them, but that's because I've lived in the wild and it was either est it all or risk going even more hungry by being picky.

We kept their pelts and we started on cooking the hare and deer meat. I left the cooking to Nate, seeing as though I didnt know how to cook.

It took about 25 minutes for the meet to be fully cooked and seasoned. It smelt really good and tasted even better when he served it.

"Thankyou for cooking it. It was really  good." I thanked him. He nodded and said, "Your welcome. By the way how is it that someone so small can take a deer out, that's half his size." I just smiled and said, "I can show you later. If you want." "I would much appreciate that." He said in return.

After our meal, we shifted into our animal forms and raced to the packhouse.

************************************
In the media is what a Barking Deer or Muntjac looks like.