Chapter 8- Private

Before I could open my eyes, I could smell my favorite food from the room. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and checked the time. It was 11, which was normal for me to wake up at, sometimes. I got out of bed and went to my suitcase to grab my essentials. I showered, and decided that I would wet my hair and let it breathe. I washed my hair and rinsed out the shampoo. I put conditioner through out my hair and combed it before rinsing it with cool water. When I got out, I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and put my glasses on. My hair was still wet, so I put some leave in conditioner and oil on my roots. I left the bathroom, then changed into a slightly baggy black shirt with this woman on it, with high waisted jean shorts, and a black belt. I added this cool Chanel necklace, with a few bracelets, then I took a few pics with my new film camera.

I caught my reflection walking out of the room and noticed my curls were surprisingly defined

I caught my reflection walking out of the room and noticed my curls were surprisingly defined. I walked downstairs to the kitchen and saw Billie sitting at the island, with her back facing me. I snuck up behind her, wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my chin on her shoulder.

"Good morning love. How'd you sleep?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I slept pretty good, which is rare in itself." She said, looking at me then back at her phone then back at me. "Adre your hair, it's beautiful and curly. Can I?" She asked, pointing to my hair. I nodded and let her touch some of my curls. She was so infatuated by them. "I really love your hair like this." She said, letting a curl fall from her hands.

"Thank you." I said, flipping my hair. She laughed at my extra ass and returned to her phone.

She was probably answering a few emails, which I understand. There was a lady in the kitchen making us breakfast and she looked content doing so. I feel her on a spiritual level, because I love to cook. I really love baking too, so there's that.

We finished eating and decided to go do some tourist shit and look around. We were walking on the sidewalk together, broad daylight, and Billie grabs my hand. I pulled away from her gesture.

"Billie, you're not out yet, remember?" I said, thinking about how much press and questioning she would get if anyone saw her. "As much as I want to hold your hand, I don't want you having to answer questions you aren't ready for." I said.

"You're right, I completely forgot about that. You just make me want to end this big secret I've been hiding from everyone." She said, playing with her rings.

"It's not a secret Billie, it's privacy. No one ever respects yours, despite how nice and drama free you are." I said. She stopped in her tracks and turned to me.

"Do you want to go back to the house, I'm sorry if I just complicated things for you." She said, looking down. I grabbed her face and lifted her head to meet my eyes.