Chapter 11: The question of Shinki

"You have been very quiet the whole day," Feza told to Shinki while they were having dinner.

That Saturday, after arriving with his uncle Kankuro to Konoha, the boy went directly to look for her. He found Feza in her apartment as usual, and they went to the forest to train the rest of the day. However, instead of going back to the village, the kid suggested going to a hostel with hot springs that was closer. Feza commented that perhaps his uncle could get mad for not finding him in Konoha but the boy insisted there was no problem.

After a long-separated bath, they met again in the dining room. Shinki ordered lobster, octopus, squid, sashimi, rice, and several different desserts. They ate in silence until the boy stared at her eyes just after she mentioned he had been very silent.

"I have been thinking about how to ask you something". The boy declared calmly.

"Well, you can ask me anything, Shinki" She replied smiling a little. "C' mon, don't be shy".

"Is not because of shyness" He explained after biting a piece of octopus. "It's a precaution. I don't want to say something inappropriate".

"You are not being watched or judged by anyone like in your residence. You can say it the way you are thinking about it. We are friends, right? No need to pretend".

"Hmmm..." Shinki shook his head after a while.

"Okay, don't say it then". She raised her shoulders and drank a sip of tea.

"Do you like my father?"

Feza almost choked with the tea and her face turned red in a second. Shinki sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I knew you were gonna react like that..." He said taking a napkin with a hand-formed by iron sand and carefully he cleaned her chin and lips of some tea drops.

"Why did you ask me that?!" she exclaimed still looking overwhelmed.

The kid raised his shoulders keeping quiet.

"Don't just ignore my question, kid!"

"Feza, the first thing you do every weekend that we meet is to read the letter that my father wrote you back. And, no matter what, you have your response next afternoon before I leave the village". Shinki explained "Additionally, I have seen you of a better mood recently. You were very gloomy after the incident of the forest but something is making you happier and happier each weekend".

"Your reasons to have such suspicion make sense now that you put it that way". She admitted kind of thoughtful.

"I get it's normal to like someone when you are an adult. And I'm glad you like my father".

"The problem, Shinki, is that I'm not sure of what I feel".

"What do you mean?" The boy frowned

"I have lived alone all my life. And a lot of things are still new to me. I can't say yet if what I feel for the Kazekage is mere sympathy or something else, you know?" She made a pause and exhaled deeply. "He has been very kind and I'm grateful for what he has done so far for me but, I guess it is not so easy to respond to your question right now".

"Perhaps you need to see him again to know".

"Perhaps"

"And if I bring him for the coming Hanabi Hyuga's wedding, would that help you clear your mind?" He asked.

"I think it would". Feza replied smiling with embarrassment. "But I thought he wouldn't come because of his job".

"That's what he said but, I can make him change his mind. Leave it in my hands". Shinki said with confidence.

"I still can't believe you are doing this, you know?"

"Me neither... And yet we got a plan".

The boy smiled discreetly and both kept enjoying the rest of the delicious dinner quietly.