Chapter 16: A Great wedding with Lavender Flowers

The first thing that Feza noticed when she arrived that morning to the Hidden Village of the sand was that every corner had been decorated with lavender flowers. Outside the doors and in the top of the balconies, each house had at least one corsage as an ornament. Feza, who was next to Temari inside the traditional carriage for the wedding, put out her head for some seconds.

"Wow, this is beautiful!" She exclaimed excitedly. "I wonder if it has something to do with my complaint about the dress".

"Did you tell Gaara you wanted a lavender ornament in the boring white dress?"

Feza nodded and Temari giggled.

"Oh, my brother is such a courteous gentleman!"

The ceremony took place in the garden of the Kazekage residence. Despite the rushed planning, most of the guests attended the wedding that took place that noon. Shinki received Feza in the entrance and softly took her arm to conduct her inside.

"Are you nervous?" He asked her smiling kindly.

"Very" She replied. "But I'm glad you are the one next to me at these moments".

"Better things await in the future, Feza", the boy told her while both walked through a corridor. "Perhaps we were destined for great things since the beginning and together we will make this nation stronger".

They both arrived at the end of the corridor. Outside the guests and Gaara awaited to start with the ceremony. But before continuing, Shinki looked inside Feza's eyes one last time. The heart of the woman fluttered for a second. Something inside those green eyes gave her goosebumps.

"Shinki..." Feza tried to say.

"The time has come. My father asked me to bring you by his side. Are you ready?"

The woman made a soft caress in the boy's cheek and finally nodded.

From the other side of the garden, Gaara was waiting for the girl and Shinki. He could not sleep the night before and his heart had been pumping very fast since he saw the carriage arrive at Sunagakure.

Last night, Naruto and the rest of his friends prepared for him a surprise party for his last night as a single man. They made numerous toasts and celebrated until midnight. The Kazekage tried to remain sober, but it was impossible, especially since the rest of the guys were very excited and the sake was abundant.

"So, Gaara, have you made any progress with Feza-San?" Naruto asked him with discretion when they were already tipsy.

"Not really..." He sighed sadly. "I am not very skillful when it comes to approaching women. I read those books of Jiraiya, your sensei, but they are so confusing!"

"Ahh, Gaara!" Naruto held him with one arm. "I also couldn't understand those books either... But, just tell her that you love her!"

"Yes, tell her what you feel!" Kankuro added after listening to Naruto.

"And show her how strong you are!" Rock Lee suggested cheerfully.

"It's a drag but it's worth it" Shikamaru concluded. "Women are mysterious but beautiful and lovely beings".

The guys kept advising the Kazekage and motivating him to just let go a bit of his seriousness. For a while, Gaara felt he was ready and feeling absolutely confident, however, when he saw Feza once again, walking towards him all dressed in white, his face blushed in one second and inside his stomach, he could feel a thousand butterflies fluttering.

The woman smiled once she stood in front of him. Her eyes were shining like a blue and deep ocean.

"You look a bit overwhelmed, Kazekage-sama" She whispered to him before the ceremony started.