➳ don't let go : harry potter

꒰ 📒📸🍴 ꒱

꒰ 📒📸🍴 ꒱

YOU GASPED FOR air.

You started to splash around frantically.

What's going on?

Why are people cheering even though you think your about to die?

You finally open your eyes and are face to face with none other than Harry Potter.

"Don't let go!" He said, grabbing your arm.

You listened to him, and he pulled you onto the shore.

You coughed and he grasped your shoulders, steadying you.

"What's going on?" You managed to sputter out.

"It's the second task, you were a hostage..."

Reality hit you like a truck.

"I-I was?"

He nodded his head.

You shiver and he wraps you in a towel; cuddling you to keep you warm.

"That doesn't make any sense... it's supposed to be people who you'll desperately miss... surely that's not me?"

He shakes his head, and he comes closer to you as a cold gust of wind blows.

"But... Harry..."

"You know I've always loved you."

"Yeah but... as a friend; everyone who was a hostage here are people who the champions love romantically... H-Harry, why didn't you tell me?"

"I was scared... and then everyone was asking you to the ball and you said yes and I never found the courage to ask you so I asked someone else and I had a terrible time and—"

"Harry!" You laugh, putting your hands on his face to steady his nerves.

This was not the first time you had to do something that was considered romantic to stop Harry when he was on one of his rants. They usually ended awkwardly, but this time it didn't.

This time, you locked eyes and simply looked at each other; the only noise you could hear being the deep breathes you both were taking after the water.

Then, before your brain could catch up with your heart, you pulled him closer to you; and kissed him.

Your first kiss with your best friend... what was going to happen now?

You pulled away and removed your hands; heart racing.

"Great now I've messed everything up and things are going to be all awkward between us and—"

Just like with Harry, this wasn't the first time he had to do something slightly romantic to calm your nerves.

Except this time, it wasn't slightly romantic at all. It was as romantic as two 14 year olds can get.

He placed his lips onto yours and entangled his hands into your still soaking hair. You kissed him back, brain telling you that was a bad move and heart telling you the opposite, and eventually you both had to pull away for a breath.

"Can you promise me one thing?" Harry asked.

"Never let go."

He hugged you, and you finally felt at peace with the world in his warm embrace.

. . .

[ fourteen years later. ]

. . .

The Burrow was always a wonderful place to be; especially in winter.

Outside the snow would pile up to the height of the windows; perfect for snowball fights and making snow angels.

Inside there was always a friendly face ready to offer you a warm butterbeer and a place by the fire; perfect for snowstorms.

The meal had just been finished and most people were still at the table but you and Harry had chosen to trek through the snow together.

"Do you know that this is the day when—"

"When we shared our first kiss, I know Harry. You've said that at least ten times today." You laugh.

"Have I told you recently how much I love you?"

"Won't let me forget." You smile.

"Well, I'm telling you again. I love you, I love you with all of my heart. I wouldn't be the person I am without you. I need you. You make me feel so... I don't know how to put it into words. Every time I see you my heart melts. Without you, I'm nothing. Please, never let go."

Harry fell onto one knee and took a small velvet box from his pocket.

"Will you marry me?"

Your heart fluttered as you tried to process what was happening. The boy since you've loved since you were 14 was now a man and asking you to marry him.

Happy tears started to silently flow from your face and you felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

"Yes! Of course I'll marry you! Harry, I'm never letting go!"

He rises to his feet and hugs you tightly.

"Wait..." You say, looking around yourself, "where's the ring?"

"I think it's in the snow."

You both laugh.

Suddenly, the Weasley's surround you.

"A kiss to however finds the ring." You state.

Harry had his head in the snow.

꒰ 📒📸🍴 ꒱