➳ i owe you a drink : ron weasley

꒰ 📒📸🍴 ꒱

꒰ 📒📸🍴 ꒱

THE YULE BALL was going to be perfect.

You had managed to find yourself a date, a gorgeous dress, and managed not to step on your date's foot once.

Instead, you stepped on someone else's.

"Sorry," You both say hastily as your backs hit each other.

"Oh, hi Ron." You smile as you both adjust yourselves so your dancing side by side. "I didn't think you were going to dance."

"I wasn't. But Padma wanted me to dance with her at least once."

You laugh slightly, but quickly advert your eyes from the pair as Padma scowls at you.

"I'm going to get some punch, want me to save you a seat?"

"Oh, that'd be great; thanks."

After the song ends you and your date part ways to catch up with some friends; maybe you had found yourself a date, but you weren't that close.

"Hi Ron, Harry, Hermione." You nod, but you seemed to have come at a bad time as Hermione stalked off towards the door of the Great Hall.

You hesitated.

"Uh, should I—"

"No." Huffed Ron, and he too made to leave the Hall.

"Um," You said, slightly more nervous now, "should I—"

"Yes." Said Harry, quickly rising to his feet to try and catch up with his best friend.

Without another thought about your own date, you set off for Ron; hot on Harry's heels.
When you reached the courtyard, decorated with fairy lights, you started to stumble and Harry and Ron were getting further and further away from you.

After they had dived behind a bush, your mind was set.

"Damn shoes," You muttered, yanking off your shoes and running towards the bush they had hid behind.

"What's going o—"

"Ssshhh!" They both hissed, pointing up at where Hagrid was speaking to Madame Maxine.

You were only half listening, what you often found yourself doing in Mr Binns class, and focusing on Ron; who seemed much more relaxed than before.

Finally when Hagrid had left, they came out of the bush.

Following them, they made to leave.

"Ron—"

"Sorry, I owe you a drink."

"I'll meet you at the Three Broomsticks." You say happily, taking full advantage of this moment as Ron's ears went almost as red as his awful dress robes.