Ok, You Don't Like Me, I Get It: Pansy Parkinson

The sun's rays filtered in through the blue of the water, then the remains into the Slytherin common room. Pansy Parkinson was currently — and reluctantly albeit — doing her homework by the window when she heard a splash and a knock on the glass of the windowpane.

"Oh my Merlin."

There you were, in the depths of the Black Lake, gillyweed in hand, waving to Pansy Parkinson.

It was Luna's idea.

"Listen, Ravenclaw," Pansy shouted, because even though she was embarrassed as hell by your actions she was still able to keep her swagger, "I don't like you. At all. Get out."

With your wand, you wrote the words:

"I already came out."

Pansy rolled her eyes dramatically and shouted, "What the hell do you want?"

You pulled out your sign with a dramatic flourish of your hands and revealed the words, in sparkling green ink, "I LOVE YOU, BITCH!"

Pansy turned a deep shade of red and lowered her head, as the many Slytherins who had came to see the show were now laughing their arses off.

"You blithering idiot!" She shouted, red in the face.

"Take a page out of McGonagall's book?" You wrote with your wand, laughing profusely.

"How are you in Ravenclaw?!" She shouted back.

"I'm not! I'm in Gryffindor, but most of my friends are Ravenclaws!"

"No wonder, Gryffindors are stupid!"

"I cannot vouch for my house in this situation!"

"Shut the fuck up and go away!"

"No! I have to finish this!"

"Finish what?!"

"My dare! Ginny dared me! Your the idoit here!" You spelt with your wand.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN SPELL IT RIGHT!!!" Pansy retorted.

Most of the Slytherins had left by now, but the few who were still there had smiles on their faces and were snickering behind their hands.

"You little—! I can't believe you—! You've been professing your love to me for—! You—!" Pansy was so upset she couldn't even finish her own sentences.

"Calm down!" You spelt with your wand, in extremely big letters as Pansy was notoriously not calming down.

Gaining her attention, you spelt, "The dare was to profess my love to someone I actually loved. Not just anybody, I chose you for a reason! I like you, for heavens sake! Luna said to do it this way, but other than that... jeez, it's really not that hard a concept."

Pansy was quiet for a moment. Her face was no longer red from anger nor embarrassment, and after heaving for a few moments from the shouting she took a deep breath and said calmly, so soft you could barely hear it, especially since you were on the other side of the glass, "Yeah, ok. You like me. That's cool. Yeah."

As if she was convincing herself!

"Well, do you like me too?"

"No." She scoffed, a snort caught in her throat.

"Pansy!"

"I was kidding! I like how your all over me!" She said, the ghost of a smile on her face. "And your quite pretty — not as much as me, of course — and even though your a year below me your pretty good at school apparently — must be all those Ravenclaw friends — and you can be nice, I guess, if not a little forceful, and — where the fuck did she go?" Pansy exclaimed, as you were no longer in the water.

Running, you climbed in through the Slytherin portrait hole behind a boy, who shouted, "I'm telling my father about this!" But you just ignored him.

Pansy turned around and saw you clamber in, soaked to the skin, and raced towards her.

Startled, she held up her hands for defense when you kissed her.

"Your mad!" She exclaimed, with a laugh.

"How else am I supposed to like you?" You retorted, kissing her again before she could make a snappy remark.

. . .

*Seven Years Later*

It was your high school reunion. The current students had left for Hogsmeade. It was both the graduating years of 1999 and 1998 (the Golden Trio had demanded that they were together as many of their friends were also in the year below, along with a few others, but they were the icing on the cake).

While others were trying to figure out their rivals dormitories passwords, their own new passwords, and searching for any places that they missed in their years at Hogwarts, Pansy was reminiscing about the Slytherin common room; a place where she had spent most of her time before you came into her life.

She was gazing at the many carvings in the table by the window that she used to sit at — A+D, C+D, P+D — yeah, Draco was popular — when there was a tap on the glass.

Pansy glanced up curiously, and gasped before smiling.

You were dressed to impress, in the water, and now several people were entering the common room; either your friends or Pansy's.

They all crowded behind her, for they knew something that she did not.

You waved, and Pansy waved back, before you pulled out you old sign from positively ages ago.

Pansy was touched, to say the least, though other people in the crowd — such as Loony Lovegood, who invited her? — and Ginny Weasley — ok, Pansy'll admit that Ginny was pretty cool — were cooing. How pathetic. It wasn't that sincere. I mean, Pansy thought, it's pretty amazing that she kept that after everything, but... ok fine, they did have a reason to coo; even if the sign did say 'bitch' on it.

"Hey Pansy," You spelled out with your wand, "I really do love you bitch."

You reached into your pocket and pulled out a small velvet box.

"This is where it all began. Pansy Parkinson, stealer of my heart, will you marry me?"

Pansy's eyes widened to the size of tennis balls and she seemed startled beyond words.

"I—! You—! Yes!" She said, covering her hands over her mouth to show her surprise.

With a bit of magic, and some tips from Ginny, you gave Pansy the ring through the glass.

Pansy being Pansy, looked at it before giving it a nod of approval, and you extended your hand to her.

She took it gratefully, and you pulled her through the glass to the water — thankful you snuck gillyweed into Pansy's dinner — and entangled her into a kiss.

"Your so fucking crazy."

"Ok, you don't like me, I get it." You said sarcastically, and she leaned forward and kissed you.