I'm Sorry: Luna Lovegood

You took a deep breath, with your eyes closed. Ever so slowly, you opened your eyes, gazing at yourself in the mirror.

"You, are, gorgeous!" Pansy squealed, looking at you with your new makeover as if you were just a doll she wanted to play with before cutting her head off — less than a year ago she had threatened to do that to you, and here you were, giving each other (or more accurately, giving you) makeovers like besties.

"You — you think so?" You asked, nervously playing with the hem of your ridiculously small black skirt before brushing back your (now curled/straightened <depending on how it is now>) hair behind your ear. 

"Think so? I know so! Girl, if I had your body, I'd fuck every guy in the school!" Pansy exclaimed, making you go a little red. You hadn't told anyone yet, but you were currently under some serious questioning with your sexuality... as in you were into girls but you hadn't told anyone yet. No biggie.

"Uh, y—yeah," you gave a faint, fake chuckle to satisfy her.

"Actually, now that I think about it... I probably  already did... whoops?" Pansy giggled. She liked to talk about stuff like sex, but you always felt awkward. You hadn't even had your first kiss yet, there was no way you could be even thinking about that stuff now. Plus, you were like, a year below her, and she decided to take you under her wing. Go you, you had to ditch all your friends, and now they despised you, so there was no going back now. You were one of the Slytherin royals (a/n: get that reference lol it's on my reading list).

"Final step to initiation," Pansy said, a few moments later out in Hogsmeade, "go ridicule her."

You followed the direction of Pansy's manicured finger, figuring no one (except the Slytherins Pansy hung out with) liked you anyways. Under the glare of the sun, you put up a hand to shade yourself, and tried to hold in your gasp.

There stood Luna Lovegood, the very reason why you were questioning your sexuality in the first place.

Not only was she gorgeous, but she was ridiculously smart, and her conspiracy theories could get anyone laughing. She didn't care what others thought about her, as long as she was happy herself. She only spoke the truth, no matter how painful. She was just the person you had been wanting to be, before Pansy came in and ruined it all. You had never been brave enough to talk to her, but you liked to watch her from a distance, in a non-creepy non-stalker way. She was perfect, and you felt like she was your complete and polar opposite. But opposites attract... right?

"I — I can't do this," you said, turning around and trying to run away.

"Uh, yeah you can. It's easy. Look, if you want, I can get her attention—"

"No, no, no," you said frantically, "no need. I'll — I'll do it."

"Then go."

"But I can't—" Pansy gave you a light shove in Luna's direction, and when you casted her an angry glance she just shrugged and whistled, as if she didn't do anything at all.

"L—Lovegood. Luna. Luna Lovegood." You greeted awkwardly, regretting everything.

"Hello." She greeted airily, making butterflies erupt in your stomach.

"You, you, uhm," you glanced back at Pansy, heaving a sigh.

"Uuuuuuggggghhhhh," Pansy complained aloud, dragging her feet dramatically towards you, "I have to do all the work around here."

You felt like objecting; as if there was any work to be done it was usually you who did it, but kept quiet.

"Listen, Loony," said Pansy harshly, practically spitting in her face however she didn't move. "My friend here has something to say to you, something that she's been wanting to say for a long time."