A Little Sweet: Fred & George Weasley

You had to close your eyes to stop yourself from watching. The infamous Weasley twins were back at it again, making faces at the Professor from behind his back. As soon as the Professor turned around, the boys would act nonchalant, and as if they were working. Every time the twins made a face you cringed. What if the Professor saw? How mean could they be?

Your face fell into a scorn as you peeked one eye open to see if they were still doing it (they were). Suddenly, the two turned to you, and winked in time. Your scorn hardened as your eyes narrowed and brows arched further downwards.

It was no secret that you didn't particularly like the Weasley twins. Not only could their pranks be brutal, but simply the way they acted was downright mean. You weren't sure if they — or anyone for that matter — actually realized this, but made a point not to be associated with them just in case.

So you can imagine your frustration when you were paired up, yet again, with the Weasley twins. Come on, Flitwick, just cause you were sitting alone didn't mean that you always had to be in the three.

You grabbed your stuff and settled across from them, setting your stuff down angrily onto the table.

"Morning," they both said cheerily, you rolling your eyes.

"Just so you know, I don't want to be here." You said, giving them an angry stare.

"Who said we did?" They retorted.

"Your tone of voice." You shot back.

"You're too smart for a Hufflepuff." The fact that they could say things exactly in time, even when it was off the top of their head, was scary. You tried not to be overly freaked out.

"You're too self-centered for a Gryffindor. Er, the both of you." You added, as you had been alternating your death stare between the two.

They both cracked a smile in sync, making you feel a little weirded out. "Lighten up,"

"No."

"Here," Fred said, finally breaking the sync-ness of their words. "Have a sweet."

You took the sweet in your hand and examined it.

"It doesn't look poisoned..." You trailed, and George laughed.

"It's not."

"Uh huh." You said, raising a brow. Sureee.

"If you don't eat it, I will." Fred shrugged, leaning forward in his seat and extending his hand.

"No, no I'll take it." You said, not wanting to admit to defeat.

You carefully unwrapped the sweet, and placed the candy into your mouth. Surprisingly, it didn't taste off at all. It didn't even taste like all those knock-off candies you had to eat because they had red food coloring in it, something you were deathly allergic to. Had the twins not clouded your senses, you probably would've checked the wrapper if it contained any of the specific red food coloring, but you shrugged. It didn't look the right shade of red, anyways.

Suddenly, you buckled over in your seat, clutching your stomach. The twins jumped, both in the middle of unwrapping their own sweet. Your tongue started to swell, and your throat seemed to get smaller and smaller, giving you less space to breathe. Before you fell out your chair, you saw the twins worried faces above yours. After that, it all went dark.

You groaned as you came back into consciousness, opening an eye just a smidge. You could make out the hospital wing, and you were in bed. You felt weak. You usually did after an allergy attack. You realized that someone was holding your hand. Both of them. You blinked back open your eyes, trying to focus on the two almost identical figures in front of you. The flaming red hair was a telltale that they were Weasley's, however it took your brain a moment to register which ones. All of a sudden, it became very clear. The twins. Of course.