Crystal Clear: Harry Potter

The whispers in the classroom grew louder and more impatient as the students all watched the clock, willing it to go faster. Three minutes to go... two minutes to go... one minute to go... RING RING RING, the bell chimes nice and clear and all the students jump up out of their seats, quickly packing up their things if they hadn't done so already and racing out of the classroom. Your shoulder brushed someone's on your way out the door, and just as you stepped forewords you heard an unmistakeable crack from under your foot.

You stopped and turned to your side to see who your shoulder had brushed with, praying it wasn't true, your eyes barely open as you didn't want to see exactly who you were bound to.

When your eyes laid onto a certain Harry Potter, without his usual glasses, you whispered, "Fuck," under your breath.

Carefully, ever so slowly, you opened your eyes and looked down at your foot where the crack had occurred.

His glasses. You knew it.

Everyone behind you had stopped in the rush, watching the events unfurl. The Gryffindors started to elbow each other, especially those close to Harry, and the Slytherins with whom they had the class with were snickering behind their hands — well, some had the decency to hide it, while others didn't. You were frozen in the spot, your legs wobbling like jelly and your feet glued to the floor as if with gorilla glue, a bad mix. After wiping his face with his hand, muttering something about being blind, his eyes focused onto you, or more accurately, your tie.

"Shitty Slytherins," he mumbled, stooping down to grab his glasses from under your foot.

Ignoring what he said, you raced to stoop down before him and give them to him, the polite thing to do, however you went down too quick and you bumped your head onto his.

"Ahhh," you both winced, taking a step back and mirroring each other's actions by clamping a hand to your forehead.

The awkwardness was unbearable as the rest of the students — except for the friends of the victim — sidled out, ready for lunch break. Sitting on the floor, you gently picked up Harry's glasses from your shoe and dusted them off, cutting your finger on the sharp glass in the process, and standing up.

"S-sorry—" you stuttered, still dusting off the glasses, when he snatched them from you, resulting in the glass cutting across your finger once again.

"Thanks a lot, Slytherin," he groaned, attempting to put them back on his face even though anyone in their right mind could tell that he wouldn't be able to see a thing out of them in their mangled condition, but he seemed pretty damn determined to leave and that seemed to be enough to grant him the miracle of sight.

"I'm sorry, really," you said, ignoring what he called you yet again, "lemme fix them for you—"

You and someone else who you assumed to be his smart friend reached forward to grab them, both snatching one of the glasses' arms and pulling them towards yourselves. Naturally, this resulted in them snapping flat in half.

"Oooohhhh shittttt," you complained, elongating the words like an angry two year old with a big mouth as you looked at the mess that was Harry's glasses.

"Oh, look what you've done," said the smart one, trying to take them from you but you relented. This was your mess, you were going to fix it.

"No no no, give them to me, I'll fix it—" you reached foreword to grab it on your tiptoe, but she pulled away at the last minute and you stumbled, landing clumsily and stupidly on the ground.

"You?" She exclaimed, with a bitter laugh. "I think you've done enough damage already, thank you very much. Ron, hold these, let me get the other half."