Commentator of the Year: Lee Jordon

Let's get one thing straight: you, Y/N Y/L/N, was the best commentator to ever grace the planet.

Not McGonagall, she was old and had other priorities. Not Lovegood, she had no idea what was going on and even though she got a good laugh she wasn't really into it. And not, under any circumstances, was it Lee Jordon.

Sure, he usually commentated. And yeah, he was pretty good. Really good, matter of fact. But you were just that wee little bit better.

There's only supposed to be one commentator, but due to a lot of arguing, Madam Hooch let the two feisty Gryffindors take turns. They both were liked pretty equally by the crowd, of course friends and family preferring them as well as Gryffindors, but overall they were both pretty equal.

Well, not in each other's eyes. You were sure that you were way better than him, and he was sure that he was way better than you. Your bickering sometimes ended up more interesting than the games itself, which is why whenever there were two teams where it seems obvious who was going to win and fast, Madam Hooch would purposely tell them that they both had that match.

Today was one of those days, however you didn't know it (obviously).

"I hate him I hate him I hate him," you said angrily, walking alongside your friend Angelina Johnson to the Quidditch match early as you were both (technically) on the team.

"Girl, give it a rest. I get it, Lee sucks. Big whoop." She rolled her eyes sarcastically, clearly not getting what a serious matter this was.

"You don't understand, he actually has the nerve to think he's better than me. What a shithead. I mean — not to be rude, or anything, but I'm like, way better than him. By a milestone. I mean, seriously Ang — Ang? Um, Angelina?" It was at that moment you realized, Angelina was gone. You must of lost her somewhere in the crowd mid-rant. "Oh well." You sighed, making your way to the commentator's box.

Once you reached the top, everyone had just gotten to the stands. Soon enough, it'd be time to introduce the teams, your absolute favorite part.

McGonagall gave you the nod. You casted the enchantment to magically magnify your voice, speaking into your wand as if it was a microphone.

"Good afternoon, students of Hogwarts!" You greeted, smiling. This was your territory. "I'm Y/N Y/L/N, and are we ready for another game?" There was a whooping from the group, but it was faint and mostly just earnest first years and Hufflepuffs. Like the guy in Spongebob, you repeated, "I can't hear you!!!"

There was a thundering clap and applause from the stadiums, everyone cheering in sync for once. You smiled at the noise that was almost loud enough to shake you where you stood.

"That's more like it!!! Now let's get this game started!!!" You considered yourself two things: the commentator, and the obligatory cheerleader, since Hogwarts had none. So you had to make sure to hype up the crowd, every match.

"Let's hear it for Hufflepuff!!!" You shouted enthusiastically, as the Hufflepuff team made their way onto the pitch. "And lets hear it for—"

"GRYFFINDOR!!!" Shouted a magically magnified voice that you would recognize anywhere, coming to stand beside you with a glare.

As the Gryffindors cheered for their team, you turned sharply onto Lee.

"How dare you! This is my game, Lee, not yours! You're next week, remember?!" You said angrily, trying not to get your wand to pick up what you were saying.

"How dare me? How dare you!" He shot back. "Don't lie to me! It's my game!"

"Liar!" You both shouted simultaneously, pointing accusing fingers at each other and accidentally catching the crowds attention. "It's my game! Mine! Get out of here!"