Happy Halloween: Fred Weasley

It was October thirty-first, Halloween day. You sat tiredly at the Gryffindor table, smiling a weary smile once you remembered your good — no — great deed.

There was a popping noise that echoed through the Great Hall. Everyone looked around, turning their heads this way and that to try to get a look at what made the noise. You smirked mischievously, and at the second pop stood up on the table; quickly gaining everyone's attention.

You casted a spell to make your wand a bit of a microphone, and spoke into it, "Hello, hello, students, and Happy Halloween!"

You introduced yourself to a cheer from the crowd, and took a small bow, winking at a redhead who looked at you in awe — Fred Weasley.

"This Halloween, I've set up some extraordinary spooks and scares that'll frighten the shit — sorry, Professor, shiz — outta the first years." You grinned, the majority of the first years looking scared out of their minds but a few of the young Gryffindors looking proud — they didn't know what was coming.

"So good luck, I'm sure you'll all survive — the most of you." You added with a smirk, everyone hooked as they clapped for you.

The moment you had said that, about twenty-thousand or so bats swooped in through the open windows on the third pop, causing many people to scream at the sudden darkness. This day, you concluded, was going to be awesome.

You hopped down from the table, the students resuming their excited chatter, and felt someone staring at you. Startled, you whipped around, and none other than one of the infamous Weasley twins (the cuter one) was looking at you. A faint blush creeped up his neck before you gave him a small smile and a wave, which caused him to go even more red and he turned around quickly, trying to hide his blush.

"Did you see the way he was looking at you?" Ginny, a girl who had always followed you around,  giggled, grabbing your attention. "I know my brother, and Fred's totally into you."

"Fred? Weasley? I don't think so," You said doubtfully, gathering your stuff, "but I don't have time to ponder over it now. Today's a big day."

You swung your bag over your back and left the Great Hall, many eyes on you, and you carefully stepped over the trigger step in a way that no one noticed. However, Ginny had tried to run after you and had tripped on the step. When she did, well, let's just say Ginny Weasley had the first official scare — and the loudest scream — of the day.

Later in the day, everyone had had a scare. Ghouls and goblins and vampires, oh my. Everyone had encountered some sort of scare, but little did you know the biggest and scariest one yet was about to happen to you.

"Great job on today," Fred Weasley grinned, striding into step with you.

"Thanks," You said gratefully, but you two weren't that close. All that really happened between you was that sometimes you'd turn around and Fred would be looking at you, giving you the creeps sometimes.

"It was epic, really," He awed, "I mean — not even I could pull off some of that stuff."

"Thanks again—" You started, but he cut you off.

"I mean — some stuff weren't quite up to Weasley expectations, such as the ghouls reaching out to grab you. Not your best."

"Noted—"

"I swear, I can't keep my eyes off you." He said, looking at you with his soft brown eyes, making you blush for a reason you couldn't explain.

"Do want to see the fright I set up for you?" He asked after a beat, hesitation and nervousness clearly in his voice.

"Try me." You challenged, but could never had been prepared for what happened.

He kissed you.

It was the greatest fright of your life, you had never kissed anyone and had assumed the moment would never come, but here you were.

"Happy Halloween," He whispered into your ear, sending shivers down your spine.

And a happy Halloween it was.