Extras: Seamus Finnigan

"Who're you, again?"

"What did you say your name was?"

"Wait, wait, wait, how long have we shared a dorm for? Seriously?"

"Sorry, but who are you?"

No one seemed to remember you. It came to them as a surprise whenever your name was mentioned, as if the extra in a play had been given the spotlight. Some people tried to hide but you were always left in the shadows. The understudy who never performed but knew all the lines. It wasn't that you were antisocial (although you could be) but people generally didn't talk to you. There were no "hi my name is x and I think we should be friends" or any "hey do you want to hang out" or anything of the sort. At first you thought it was something wrong with them but realized it might just be something wrong with you, but you honestly didn't know. You can't guess what people are saying if they never say anything to you, anyways.

So the Gryffindor hid in the shadows. Embraced the darkness, the loneliness. May as well own it amirite? That was how you managed to survive anyways.

So you were beyond surprised when Seamus Finnigan pointed you out to his friends in the crowd and then, noticing that you had saw him, smiled and beckoned you over. If Seamus was just with Dean you probably wouldn't have been as surprised but alas, the Chosen One himself was there as well. You awkwardly made your way through the crowd towards him, not sure what to say. It'd been ages since you had a proper conversation that hadn't involved "can you pass me the salt".

"Hello," Seamus beamed, holding out a hand for you to shake, "the name's Seamus Finnigan."

"I know." You replied, however instantly regretting it. You didn't want to sound like a creep, but you had been in his year for the past four years.

There was an awkward silence in which the three boys tried to fill it with a laugh, however it failed and proved more awkward than the silence itself.

"Guys," Seamus said, wrapping an arm around you as if you had been best friends for years, "this is Y/N Y/L/N."

"Ahh," the two boys replied in sync, a mischievous smirk spreading rapidly across their faces.

"I just remembered, me and Dean have to go... um... er... bye!" Harry waved, him and Dean practically running away without an excuse.

"Umm... what was that all about?" You asked.

Seamus shrugged, "I dunno," but something told you it was a lie. Either way, you let it slide.

"So what did you want?"

"Why do you think I want something?"

You folded your arms. "The last time I had a proper conversation that did not consist of me passing the salt was four years ago, aka before Hogwarts decided I wasn't good enough. Of course there's something you want."

"No there isn't."

"Then why am I here?"

"Look, I know that we're both... outcasts. No, we're not outcasts, we're extras. Shadows. Understudies. Whatever you want to call it. Always there but never noticed. That's us. Except, someone's noticed you." He admitted, a faint blush to his cheeks.

"And who's that?"

Seamus smiled. "Me," he whispered.

Your eyebrows shot up into your hairline with shock, your mouth agape and unable to form words. You weren't sure how to respond.

"I've had a crush on you since day one," Seamus said.

"Then why didn't you say something before? Before I was cast as the extra?"

"Because I was the extra too. Face it, nobody really notices us. How about we notice ourselves?"

"What does that mean?"

A smirk spread across his lips, his soft, pink lips... why were you focusing on his lips? An army of butterflies arose from your stomach, making your heart beat faster than it should. Why?

Suddenly you smirked back at him. You understood — heck, you wanted to kiss him. Badly.

But he got to you first.

His lips melted against yours, the feeling new and foreign. You liked it. You weren't sure what exactly it was, but you liked it. You liked the way your lips fit perfectly into his. You liked the way his hands fit wonderfully to your face. You liked the way he brushed back your hair as if it was his. You liked the way your bodies fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

In fact, you loved it. And you loved him.

"Maybe we are just extras," you whispered, "but these extras are extras together."