#Chapter Eight#

Annika's POV

Shawn leaves my neck as someone hit him with a vase and he falls to the floor unconscious. I tremble and sit on the chair. The man gives me water and taking a few sips, I keep it on the table.

"Are you alright?" He asks and I nod.

"Who are you?" I ask the long haired guy.

"I am Omkara Singh Oberoi, Shivaay Singh Oberoi's brother." Ohhh, he's his brother but why would he hit him if he's his brother?

"Then why did you hit your brother?" I ask.

"Because he wasn't my brother but his some personality trying to harm you." He politely answers.

"You must be Annika? Doctor Annika?" He asks after silence of few minutes.

"Yes." I don't know what to say more. I think we should just take him to the room.

"I think we should take him to the room." He says after looking at the body, observing it actually and maybe reading my thoughts too. He is quite intimidating, more than his brother. 

I help him take Shivaay to the nearby room and make him lye on the bed. He's heavy.

Shivaay's POV

I open my eyes and the sharp pain in my head is nearly unbearable. I take in the surroundings and I find myself in bed, Dr. Annika is sitting on the couch reading a novel I suppose, wearing those glasses of hers. The bright lights are hell irritating.

I clear my throat to gain her attention and she looks up at me. I struggle to sit on the bed and she hurriedly, keeping the book on the table, helps me to sit.

"Shivaay?" She asks and I nod.

Her hands are on my shoulders and my hands reach her neck. She flinches and moves back. She's scared? The marks on her neck must be painful.

"Excuse me." She says and nearly runs out of the room.

I bury my head in my palms and sigh. When I look up, Om is here.... What is he doing here? Why didn't he inform me before coming?

"Hey!" He greeted and I smile at him.

He sits beside and and hands me a glass of water.

"You literally killed the doctor." He says and gulp down the whole glass.

"I know Om, I know. I am too guilty about it too. She doesn't belong here, I kidnapped her because I wanted her to treat me but I think my personalities are being a threat to her. I will ask her to leave." I say and mean it.

"But Shivaay, then how will you be treated?" He asks and I tell him that I'll visit her in the hospital and get treated.

"No one's going anywhere. I was asked to treat Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a man with nine personalities and I will do it. I am a doctor, a staunch one and I don't leave any cases untreated." She storms inside the room and stands beside Om.

"You have already done a lot and you are getting troubled only, first by that Charlie and now, Shawn. What if Ronnie tries to harm you? You know who he is?" I try to scare her but she doesn't seem to be affected at all.

"Nice try but no use." Great! She understood.

"Get ready to be treated." On Pat's my back and walks out of the room switching off the lights and I lye down on the bed to get some sleep.

Annika's POV

"Hello!" I turn around and smile at the long haired guy. He sits beside me and dips his feet into the water.

"Hey Omkara." I say.

"You can call me Om. I am an artist by passion and a businessman by profession." He introduces and I laugh.

"You already know about me. I don't know what more to say." I say and we both share a laugh.

"Friends?" He asks forwarding his hand.

"Why not?" I shake hands with him.

We talk for what feels like hours not realizing the time. He's one good complany here in this big, empty house.

His phone vibrates and he excuses saying it's an important call. I stand up and plan on checking Shivaay once before going to sleep.

I walk into his room and there are voices....

"This can't happen.............. No, leave me......... Can't leave me......."

I open the lights and he is on the bed turning his head left to right, his muscles tensed and sweating badly.

"Shivaay!" I Pat on his cheeks and he opens his eyes wuickly sitting on the bed and taking me in a tight hug.

"Don't leave me please." I haven't seen him like this.

"It's okay, everything okay." I say rubbing his back and his grip on my back tightens seding shivers down my body.

"Shivaay!" I whisper and not getting a reply, I Pat on his back.

He slept. I gently make him lye on the bed and switching off the lights, I lye on the couch, if he needs someone again at night.

**

How was the update?