#Chapter Sixteen#

Four years later

Annika's POV

"I am turning old." I rant for the upteenth time stuffing a piece of cake in Shivaay's mouth.

We are currently present in my apartment, sitting on the floor; our backs pressed against the couch. A large, half eaten chocolate cake is lying on the floor with an almost finished wine bottle beside.

Shivaay's one hand is resting on the small of my back and the other is holding my hand. His thumb feels so good being rubbed on the back of my palm.

"No! You just turned thirty six. Think about me. I am turning 39 next month." He says with a deep sigh.

After a while, he inches closer and places his head on my shoulder, literally breathing in my neck, sending tickling sensations.

Shivaay and I are in sort of a complicated relationship where we both know how we feel for each other, yet everytime fails to put it into words.

Four years back, when Shawn Walker paid a visit, he was angry and that day turned out to be a nightmare for me, though I am over it now, thankfully.

Akber, the murderer. He was a creep and very dark. Shawn wanted me dead but I wanted to treat Shivaay.

The first thing Akber did was to lock the door. This was the only personality I was fearing the most to meet and meeting him in this situation, it freaked me out. I took steps back as he approached me. I threw things at him, vases, glass, anything my hands could grab but nothing happened. I ran towards my room and locked the door. I wasn't left with any option but to call the cops. Akber broke the door to my room and marched in, reaching for my neck. He held it so tightly that it became hard for me to breath. My consciousness  faded and I just remember waking up in the hospital.

Later on, I found out that Shivaay was sent to the mental asylum. I treated him for a few months there and he was getting normal too. OmRu also paid a visit every month, his other family members too came. One day, upon reaching the mental asylum to talk to him, I found out that he had gone, disappeared. I couldn't believe. I tried contacting OmRu also but no answer. I had a hope that he would come but one month, two, three, four, five, six, I lost the hope.

After that kiss which we shared, he didn't remain just a patient or a friend but someone special. I fell in Love with him.

I still have his coat and that beautiful necklace with me. I just didn't get the courage to return it because all this time, these two objects have been with me and I am so much attached with them.

3 months back, I was walking back home from the grocery shop when Shivaay stepped in front of me. I smiled shaking my head assuming it to be one of my many imaginations;

I walked past him but a hand caught my hand. I crossed my fingers hoping it really to be his hand. I turned around and he pulled me closer.

Shivaay.

I had prepared a long speech in my mind how I would shout on him and ask him why did he go but my tongue froze. I couldn't speak, just stare at that face, I was longing to see.

"I couldn't live without you." He spoke as a year fell from his eye and she hugged him dropping the paper bags from her hands onto the concrete. She cried on his shoulder and he cried on hers.

We spend the whole night together, talking to each other. He told me that he was a danger to my life with those personalities. He went to Australia and his treatment was done there. He would've came back earlier but the wanted to be completely fine, which he is, now.

From that night onwards, we have been living together, in my apartment. He does his work while I am in hospital and we spend time together when I come home. I have asked him about India many times and he just says, "Wait for it!" And I am still waiting.

I am beyond thankful that he is completely fine now and is only Shivaay. Though, I wanted to meet his last two personalities, Riya, a Belle dancer and RK, the rapper. Anyway, doesn't matter.

Shivaay gets up from the floor and offers his hand for me to stand up.

"What happened Shivaay?" I ask as he wears his jacket and shoes.

"Enough of waiting Annika." He says and throws me my jacket.

"Let's go Annika. I have a surprise for you." He grabs my hand as I slip my feet into the shoes, dragging me outside.

He stops the car in front of his house and like a gentleman, opens the passenger door. I step out holding his hand and he winks at me before lifting me up, in his arms.

"Shivaay, let the cat out of the bag please."

"You waiting for 4 years, you can wait for four minutes."

He opens the doors and the inside is scary dark. I tighten my hold on his shoulder. He takes a few steps and drops me down, on my feet.

"Rudy." He calls and he comes from behind, scaring me. I smack his shoulder lightly and he holds his ears smiling.

Rudy blindfolds my eyes with his palms. After like a few minutes, he removed his hand. I slowly open my eyes and takes two steps back cupping my mouth.

Shivaay is sitting on his knees with a ring in his hand.

"Will you be the mother of my children." He asks. I am too shocked to reply.

"Say it clearly Shivaay. After marriage or before marriage?"

Omkara comments and that's when I realize that his whole family is standing with bright smiles.

"Will you marry me Annika?" He asks again, now straighly.

"Say yes Annika di." Rudy shouts.

I sit on my knees and nods holding his hands and in the moment, he slips the ring in my finger while everyone hoots.

I look at him and the ring and then hug him tightly.

.............

They never told what they felt for each other, yet they both knew the importance the one held for the other.

Love doesn't need words, your one action is enough.

............

So yeah! Last chapter!!! This books ends......