#Chapter Ten#

Omkara's POV

"Hey Doctor!" I approach Annika who is sitting in the library, reading some reports. She looks up at me with a questionable smile.

"Well, today, I have come to a doctor as the patient's family member, so I must maintain professionalism." I say sitting beside her and she chuckles.

"Okay, so Mr. Omkara Singh Oberoi, what do you want to know about my patient?" She asks closing the pen and rolling it between her forefinger and thumb of both hands.

"I want to know about the disease my brother is going through and how will it be treated?" I ask and she nodded keeping the pen on the desk. She's really being professional.

"First of all, it's a disorder and not a disease. It's, Disociative Identity Disorder which is formerly called Multiple Personality Disorder is a condition that is characterized by the presence of at least two or more clear personalities or you can say self estates, called alters which may have different reactions, body functioning, body languaging, emotions, etc."

"It is a complex disorder that can be treated but that doesn't necessarily mean it can be cured. There are several methods of treatment, from medications to therapy. It can take years but successful treatment for DID is possible. Treatment also aims to help the person safely. Express and process painful memories, develop new coping skills and life skills, restore optimal functioning and improve his or her relationships."

"Most likely, treatment will include,

1) Psychotherapy, also called talk therapy.

2) Cognitive behavioral therapy.

3) Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing EMDR, this actually a treatment specially designed to treat the nightmares flashbacks and post traumatic stress disorder.

4) Dialectic behavior therapy DBT.

5) Family therapy as simple as name defines itself.

6) Creative Therapies.

7) Medications like anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic and anti-depressants drugs.

Individuals who have been diagnosed with DID have their risks for a number of complications, as well as other associated disorders increased.

These include:

Suicidal thoughts or behavior.
Self-harm
Self-mutilation
Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Personality Disorders
Anxiety and Depression Disorders
Eating Disorders
PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
Sleep Disorders (insomnia, sleep walking, nightmares)
Significant difficulties and issues in work and personal (social) relationships."

(A/N Guys, I hope all your confusion or questions about what is Dissociative Identity Disorder and how is it treated are cleared. I would've given it at the starting only but the finding of information and keeping it as simple as possible took time).

Woah! This is a alot of information. I can tell, the studies for becoming a doctor aren't at all easy. I didn't even know this disorder even existed.

"Coming to Shivaay, he has nine personalities in total and I have only met few of his. Some of them are dangerous and some are good. Right now, like initially, I will go with Psychotherapy, the talk therapy and I am sure that it will be 40 percent beneficial." She explains and I hum.

"What about the complications doctor? Shivaay has em?" I ask worried.

"Not as such, she doesn't harm himself neither mutilate. He has nightmares. There are no traces of drugs in his blood and that's a good sign."

"When will he be treated? I mean how much time?" I ask.

"I can't say anything right now. It will depend upon his will, if he wants to be treated or not and I think he wants to be. So maybe it'll be soon." She says and I smile.

Annika's POV

"What happened yesterday when I left?" He asks me unsure about something.

"He didn't open up. He was hesitant last night." I say and he nods.

When I dragged him to my temporary room last night and ask him about his past, he made a lot of excuses but I was adamant to know. I forced him alot, yet ye didn't tell me and stormed out of the room.

The ringing of Om's phone brings me out of my thoughts and I look up at him. He excuses and walks out of the library.

I have been sitting here since morning and it's almost evening now. I get up and straighting my back, walks out of the library and to pool area. I dip my feet into it sitting on the edge and relax.

"Hey!" I am greeted by someone sitting beside me.

"Hi Aiden!" I smile.

"You recognize me?" Of course I did. How can I not?

"Yes!! You're wearing a school uniform." I say.

"Ohh yeah!"

"You seem happy seeing me, you didn't make that frustrating face."

"I never made a frustrating face seeing you." I half lie. I am not frustrated by him, he just irritates a little, that's it.

"Don't pretend!"

"Aren't you too young to be this much smart?" I chuckle and he joins.

"So, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, same thing, boring school and studies." He makes a sad face and I pull his cheeks.

"By the way, someone doesn't like you hanging out with that long haired guy. He asked me to warn you." He say and I frown. I think it's Ronnie.

"Who asked you to tell me that?" I ask knowing he wouldn't tell me.

"He asked me not to tell you." I knew it.

"I'll give you 5 bars of chocolate if you'll tell me." I bribe him.

"What do you think Doctor? You'll bribe me and I'll tell you? I am smarter than you Doctor." I look at him and he gives a known smile.

I completely remember the voice as well as the smile. Shawn Walker. I am in no mood to face him, my mind is still somewhere last night only. That wasn't Shivaay, I can tell but who could it be.

I take a deep breath and push him in the pool.

"I am sorry but not sorry." I say angrily and walk to my room locking it from inside until Om comes. I want my phone back also.

**

I am sorry first of all, I said the past will be revealed but had to write this one.

And was the information useful??? If you have any queries, ask right away.