# Chapter Fourteen #

Shivaay's POV

I follow her to the room and stand at the door looking at her while she opens the cupboard avoiding my gaze. This has never happened before, me getting affected by any girl other than Mannat. Maybe I am up for another heartbreak because she is already someone else's and I know she can never be mine. She can be if she wants to, a voice comes from somewhere inside of me and I mentally laugh. 

"What?" She asks when I don't remove my gaze from her. Who would want to not see a beautiful view? For me, she's starting to become the one I would want to see everyday, every second. 

"Nothing's cooking" I say and walk towards her. 

"I don't know. I can't smell it." She presses her lips to suppress her laughter.

"Of course." I say and she bursts out laughing. 

I walk forward and stand in front of her with my hands folded on my chest. Everything in the room has turned black and white except for her. It's so mesmerizing to see how she's laughing, at the same time trying to stop. 

I grab her wrists and pull her towards me. I place her hands on my shoulders and slip my hands around her waist pulling her even closer. I lean forward and whisper "exquisite" in her ear  before kissing her ear lobe. I can hear the sharp intake of breath and one more sound. I blink my eyes and she's clapping to gain my attention. Damn, I am day dreaming...

"What are you wearing tonight?" I ask setting my already set hair.

"Umm . . . I don't know . . . maybe jeans and top." She answers going through the clothes in her closet. 

"What about the black dress?" I ask and take two steps forward to grab the dress. I smile at her surprised expressions as she examines the dress. 

"Where did this come from?" I open my arms a little and blink my eyes titling my neck a little and she hugs me in excitement.

*

I am waiting for her outside the house. I can't wait to see how she'd be looking in that black dress. The door opens and she finally comes out. She's looking mesmerizing and elegant. She has left her hair open, those earings are looking just perfect with the dress. 

She snaps her fingers in front of my face and I open the passenger door for her. "You're looking handsome." She compliments me before sitting inside and I smile. I am wearing a tuxedo with my hair gelled. 

The dinner goes amazing and we talk about a lot of things, she tells me about her family, how she was 2 and her parents died and how her grandfather did efforts for her. 

We are now both walking out of the restaurant to go home, her hand in mine. 

"Annika......" We both turn around to the direction of the voice and what we see is Sam, her boyfriend standing there. I tilt my head to see the same smile I adore but this smile is for her boyfriend. Maybe the idea of dinner wasn't good.

Sam walks towards us and Annika literally jumps on him taking him in a hug surprising him while I try to look everywhere but them. 

"I missed you so much..." She says breaking the hug. 

"You missed me? . . ." Sam's voice is mocking and loud. 

"I know Sam that I went missing all of a sudden but I was..." He cuts her off in between as she motions her hand towards me.

"Ohh . . . so this was the reason . . . and Switzerland? Weren't you going there? What are you doing here?" He says and she looks at him shocked.

"What are you saying Sam?" She asks. 

"You won't understand how I am feeling right now, how I have been feeling all these days? Cheated and deceived. You have broken my heart and you can't mend it again."

"When did I do all of this?" She asks, tears already rolling down her cheeks spoiling her perfectly done makeup. 

"You know what, I am done with you. I am fucking done with you. Stay happy and out of my life."  He shouts and walks away. Annika turns towards me for an explanation now. Of course she must've understood. 

"I . . . I'll tell you everything once we'll reach home." I grab her elbow but she jerks it. 

"I want to know now Shivaay what did you do that lead to this." She asks in between sobs. I can't see her like this. She's broken. 

"Annika . . . when you were kidnapped . . . "

"Yes, when you kidnapped me . . . then?" 

"It was Rian . . . there was a text of Sam at you phone and . . . and Rian . . . "

"Rian what Shivaay?" She shouts.

"He sent a message to Sam about you done with him and moving to Switzerland forever." I tell in a single breath and she stumbles and before she falls, I pull her on me. 

I tuck her hair strands behind her ear and wipe the smeared mascara from under her eyes looking straight into her eyes. She blinks and moves back. 

"I . . . I . . . I . . . need to stay alone. Please go . . ." She tells me taking steps backwards. Don't go away from me I want to tell her this but I can't.

"Let's go home first Annika." I try to touch her hand but she moves backward.

"I have been living here for years and I know where my house is. You just go." The thin fabric of her sweater isn't helping keeping her warm. 

I remove my coat and make her wear it despite of her protests. "I am sorry Annika. Come back?" I say and walk away. I don't want her to go but I am letting her go. I sit in my car and instead of driving back home, I decide to follow her. I get out of the car but she isn't here. I search the whole area but she is gone. 

*

This is SAM guys

This is SAM guys.