Day 1: First Meeting

It had been a long night, but I had a craving for something light, so I slapped on a dress and made my way to the nearest bar. It wasn't the fanciest place on earth, but I wasn't going for fancy. Tonight was a drink and go kind of night.

I got to the bar and was waiting for my order when a man approached me. He seemed like he had had one too many.

"Hey doll face, why don't you join me for a dance eh?" His grin was crooked and his eyes had a malicious glint, which made me suddenly aware of my plunging neckline. I placed  a hand over my chest and smiled weakly.

"Thanks boys, but I think I'll stick to my drink." He tut-tutted me and clenched my chin with two fingers.

"I don't think so doll face. It wasn't a question." He slid around my stool, pulling me up with him. I hissed and tried to fight him, but I wasn't nearly strong enough.

"Crap," I muttered under my breath. I wasn't planning on dancing with this freak anytime soon (if you know what I mean), but it seemed almost unavoidable. He was starting towards the back room, me in tow, when a tall, dark figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Sir, I suggest you let the girl go," He cracked his knuckles menacingly, "I don't want this to go too far." Between the thick fingers covering my eyes, I studied his figure. He was significantly taller than me, maybe 6' 1" to my 5' 2". His arms and chest (which I could see under his form-fitting top) were very fit. I mean VERY. Despite the situation, I could feel myself blush.

The man who had basically been trying to kidnap me let go instantly. I mean, I would too if I were him. He turned back to me.

"Are you okay? There wasn't- I mean...- he didn't-" He seemed a lot less composed now than when he was defending me, but it was sweet. I stopped him there.

"No, he didn't. It only went as far as a creep being creepy." I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "Thanks for stepping in..." I paused.

"Cole. Cole Brookstone. And you are?"

"Shea Garmmadon. Glad to meet you. Very glad." He chuckled and held out his hand.

"You want a real dance? This time, it is a question. No strings attached." I smiled and took his hand. Somehow, having this strangers arms around me was comforting.