Part 11: Gaming

(The video doesn't pertain to this story in particular, I just thought it was sweet.)

Earlier that day...

"Um, Cole. That's not where the door goes." I filled in the hole he had created in our wall and I moved it over two blocks.

"Oh sorry. where does the moat go, is it one or two blocks from the entrance?" He asked. I pointed to the diagram We had drawn up.

"Check the map." We were playing Minecraft (Disclaimer: I do not own Minecraft, that credit goes to Mojang) and Cole was having a bit of trouble remembering where everything goes in the castle we were building, despite the fact he helped design it.

"I'm going to go work in the main bedroom. Figure something out." I was making my way up the spiral staircase when Cole elbowed me.

"Come work in my bedroom, why don't cha?" He said, suggestively wagging his eyebrows. I snorted.

"Oh, you wish. I'm WAY out of your league." He pressed pause on his remote and leaned back on the couch. He grabbed my waist, picked me up, and plopped me onto his lap.

"HEY!" I giggled as he started tickling me. "Cole, stop it!" I got myself twisted around, him in between my legs. His face was so close to mime my breath hitched for a second.

"I love you." He was just as surprised as me when those three words popped out of his mouth. Before I knew it, I had said it back. He tangled his fingers into my hair and pressed his lips against mine. My arms hung around his neck as he lowered me onto the couch. I started to tug his shirt over his head when we heard someone clear their throat loudly. I scrambled out from under Cole only to see Zane watching us, one titanium eyebrow raised.

"Maybe I should come back later?.." Cole tugged his shirt down awkwardly.

"Uh, no. Now's fine. What do you need?"

"Lloyd wanted all of us for a team meeting, but I'm sure it's nothing important if you want to, you know," he gestured to me and winked, "continue from where you left off." I cleared my throat.

"Uh, sure... Speaking of my brother, can we not let him know about this? I'm not sure it would go over well." He gave me a small smile, an expression as cocky as he's ever been (which, knowing him, isn't much).

"My lips are sealed." I pecked Cole on the cheek as he stood up to leave.

"You better go, but I'll see you tonight, okay?" He grinned, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

"Okay." Zane had left us alone, understanding we might want space, so I wasn't nervous at all when Cole leaned down to where I was sitting cross-legged on the floor. "I meant what I said, you know. I really do love you." I cocked my head and kissed him on the cheek one last time.

"I know." Pushed him away as he tried to kiss me again, "Now you need to go! Everyone will be wondering where you are, and we don't want that, now do we?" He smirked as he sauntered out of the room. I was left to recall all that had happened, and prepare myself for a romantic evening.

(If it wasn't clear enough, this is what leads up to the previous story I had published. Thought you guys might enjoy it!)