Day 2: Dancing

He swept me out onto the dance floor with a surprising amount of grace and poise for his size. He had a gentle touch and kept his hands carefully away from certain areas of my body. On top of that, he was a great partner.

"Where did you learn to dance like this, Cole?" I asked. There was no way he hadn't taken lessons somewhere. He blushed, hiding his eyes behind his swirling, black bangs.

"The Marty Oppenheimer School of Preforming Arts. My dad wanted me to go there." His tone of voice seemed to imply he didn't attend there for long. I decided to drop the subject and study him. As far as I could see on the dimly lit dance floor, he was greatly tanned and had mysterious, dark eyes. His long, black hair swirled around his face, adding to his air of mystery. I was interrupted by a question.

"Where did you learn to dance? You're really good!" He was athletic, but I could see he was breathing deeper, trying to keep up with me. I laughed with no lack of breath.

"My mom loves dancing too. She says it's good to have a little fun every once in a while." He spun me around and tucked me close with his arms.

"Your mother... is a wise woman." His deep, throaty voice rumbled in my ear, making my heart jump in my chest.

It was already way later than I had planned to stay out, so we took one more swing around the floor, he dipped me low, and we parted ways. He kissed my cheek lightly at the door, spun me once more, and I smiled. I knew I would probably never see him again, but that was better for both of us. Falling in love would end in disaster. So many evil people in this world hate me and they would take it out on him. Loving someone like me is dangerous.