Day 4: Driving Around

I always love driving with Cole. He's not nearly as reckless as Kai and Jay, and he's willing to take the scenic route, even if it takes longer, unlike Zane. Cole had recently bought a black pickup truck of his own for the days when he doesn't want to be instantly mobbed by fans. Today, we had to go grocery-shopping, so I snagged Cole to come along with me (we buy everything in bulk, and heavy-lifting isn't my forte).

"Oof!" I bounced around as the truck hit another pothole. "I swear Cole, where did you learn to drive? You've hit every pothole within ten miles of the monastery."

"Hey! It's not my fault the roads need repaved. Whoops!" He intentionally hit a deep pothole.

"Ughn," I moaned, "Unless you want you're new truck painted green on the inside, you might want to pull over. I don't feel so good." He slowed down and pulled over to the ditch as I stumbled out of the cab and into the nearest bushes. I could hear Cole approach me from behind. He knelt down and pulled my hair back for me.

"Feeling better?" I nodded. I don't normally get carsick, but the potholes had it in for me.

"Next time, less bumps?" He smiled.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea. Say, when we get into town, why don't I treat you to some food? Does Chen's Noodle House sound good to you."

"YES!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him back to the truck. He laughed, trailing behind me. He hopped into the drivers' seat.

"Lets get going then."

(another short one, don't worry, they will be longer, I just don't have as much time on my hands as I expected)