Day 19: Marriage

My excitement was almost overwhelming. I was getting married! I had dreamt so many times about what it would be like. It had been hard to date without telling anyone and that lasted for about two years, shortly before Cole proposed. It was almost harder to tell them we were engaged than it was to admit we were dating. So far, getting married was the easiest step in our journey together. I laughed at the thought.

"What's so funny?" Nya asked, pinning up a few more strands of my hair behind the flower crown veil.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said, turning in the swivel chair so I could see the mirror to look at myself, "I was just thinking about how marriage seems to be the easiest thing I've done with Cole. Telling everyone we were dating was such a huge deal, and so was our engagement. Even our dates were pretty hardcore! Did I ever tell you about that time we went mountain climbing?" Taylor laughed, coming out of the on suite bathroom with her bridesmaid dress on.

"That sounds like you two. Mountain climbing on a date." She checked her makeup in the mirror over my shoulder, grabbing my hand to squeeze it excitedly. "You look great by the way. Especially your makeup. Did you get a professional to do it?" I knew she was teasing, since she was the one who did it.

"No," I replied, teasing right back, "instead, I had one of my best friends do it." She grinned and squeezed my hand one last time and then let go, stepping back.

"Aww, thanks. But today is about you. You and Cole, that is." I could feel her winking at me from behind and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, but don't you and Kai have a 'big day' coming up too? Maybe you could think about that instead." I turned in my chair to see her blush in person. "That's what I thought." All of a sudden, I remembered to check the time. It was 3:56. I was supposed to walk down the aisle at 4:00, which meant we needed to be out there in the hall now. "Okay, girls, good work, but we need to get out there now." I got up from my chair and went to the door, trying to get out as quickly and efficiently as possible. Soon, we were in our places. Nya, my Maid of Honor, walked out with her husband, who was Best Man. Kai and Skylor were next.

"You ready?" She whispered, and all I could do was nod back. She grinned. "You'll be fine. All you have to do is hand Nya your flowers, hold Cole's hands, and say 'I do.' You'll do great." She let go and walked out, leaving me to wait for my cue with Wu. Since my dad was dead, he agreed to walk me down the aisle. He was like a father to me in so many ways. He practically raised me. With a deep breath, we stepped through the wide doors. Everyone stood as Wu and I made our way to the foot of the altar. Cole stepped down from where he was standing with an awestruck look on his face to shake Wu's hand, and then take mine.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered to me, just barely moving his lips, due to the fact about a hundred people were all staring at us. I smiled back.

"You don't look too bad yourself." His black suit flattered his coal colored hair and broad shoulders. We said our vows and exchanged rings, expressing our eternal love for each other. Then, it was time for our first kiss as husband and wife. He leaned in and brushed my cheek with his thumb, hovering over my lips for just a moment. Then, I took charge. I flung my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his, causing him to stumbled backwards. I could hear Kai whoop and Skylor laughing as everyone clapped. When the embrace ended, I turned to see my dear brother Lloyd with tears in his eyes. Cole and I walked back down the aisle together, hand in hand.