Day 5: Coffee

I yawned, crawling out of bed and making my way to the kitchen. The coffee pot gurgled for a while and then spewed out the delicious brown stuff. In the morning, all the ninjas get together for a cup of coffee, or in Jay's case, orange juice. Everyone likes it a different way: Cole likes it black, Kai and Nya like a spoon of sugar, Zane has a little cream, Lloyd has both in large quantities. I like mine with cream and sugar too, but not as much as Lloyd.

The ninjas were beginning to trickle out, sitting down at the table. By now, I was completely awake, being a morning person, and ready to take the day head on. Cole was the first one out, and he took advantage of it, stealing a quick kiss before I handed him his mug. I handed out the rest of the coffee before sitting down myself.

"So, what the plan for today, guys?" I braced myself on the table with my elbows and took a sip. They shrugged.

"Training, maybe some recon, not really much planned out." I smiled evilly.

"Yes. I suppose some of you would be available to help with cleaning then." All the guys groaned at me.

"Yeah, I think I prefer Sensei's training to cleaning. At least training is a challenge." Kai replied. "I'm out." He left to get started on doing his hair. Jay nodded quickly.

"Me too, I think I'll join him." He gulped the rest of his orange juice and hurried to catch up with Kai. I looked at Zane.

"Sorry, Shea. I need to update my software this morning. I will have to join you later." I smiled.

"Thanks Zane. At least I can count on you. What about you Nya? Cole?" They both shrugged.

"I'm cool with cleaning. Besides, water powers makes it a lot easier!" She smirked and twirled a thread of water around her fingers. Cole downed the last of his coffee.

"I can help too. I've gone through that training sequence too many times for my own good anyway." Since we were on the same side, I grabbed his hand subtly under the table.

"Thanks! Cleaning this place really is a job for a team." I fist-bumped Nya and Cole before packing up the coffee bar. "If we want to get done before dinner, we should start now." It took a few minutes for us to change into work clothes and get ready. Then, we tackled the beast.