Part 13: Shopping

"Hurry up, Cole, or I'll leave you behind!" We had been traipsing around the store for the past hour and a half, so he was understandably tired of shopping, but feeding 9+ people every week isn't easy. He groaned long and deep, muttering under his breath words I'm not sure I wanted to hear. "Oh Cole. You'll be fine, all that's left is getting me some new clothes. You guys have ruined enough of my stuff, I think I would like more than two shirts."

Cole's POV

I groaned one more time for looks, but secretly, I smiled. I loved watching her try on new clothes. The way her eyes light up as she twirls around outside the dressing room. The way she always asks me what I think, and me pretending I don't care. Most of the time it turns into a game and she enjoys teasing me. She'll pull something extremely revealing off the rack and make a big deal about it, acting like she's considering buying it. Then she comes out of the dressing room in something completely different.

She grabbed my hand and teasingly pulled me to the dress section. The first thing she picked off the rack was a long, low-cut, red mermaid style dress (don't ask me how I know the terms). She looked at me and raised an eyebrow, making me blush a bit. Just imagining her in that dress... Man, she's evil. She slipped into the dressing room and I waited outside, tapping my foot. Imagine my surprise when she came out... Rocking that red dress!

"Dang, girl! That looks good on you!" I gasped after a moment.

"I really got you there, didn't I?" She smirked. I a couple steps, I closed the distance between us and slid my arms around her.

"Frick yeah you got me. You got any sane man within a ten mile radius." I pressed my lips forcefully against hers. She tolerated me for a while and even kissed me back, but then she pulled away.

"Well, I supposed that's enough of that dress. You've got quite the opinion today." I stuck out my bottom lip in a pout.

"But I liked that one."

"No," She chided me playfully, "You like making out. Now we can get this done quicker if you cooperate with me."

"Fine..." I sighed, playing along. She may have tried to act like she didn't like the dress, but I saw the look she got in her eye when she stepped out of the dressing room, and now, she had casually stuck it in the back of the cart. I hunkered down onto the bench I had claimed and smiled secretively to myself. I could tell she was (unsuccessfully) planning a surprise for me, and I couldn't wait for tonight to "find out" what it is.

(So I decided to change things up a bit and draw in his perspective. This was actually really fun and I hope you like it!)