Day 17: Hanging Out With Friends

"Ahhh," I sighed and slumped down onto the sofa. "Well that was a long day. I completed two school papers, cleaned up the dojo from your last practice, and kept up with all the normal chores." Cole, the only other person in the room and on the couch beside me, put his arm around me.

"Sounds like a lot to me. You want to chill some? I recorded the latest episode of The Studio for you."

"Mhhmm..." I cuddled in close to him and grinned. "That sounds nice." Suddenly, there were footsteps coming down the hallway, so I yanked myself to the other side of the couch. Jay and Kai came in.

"What are you two up to tonight?" Jay asked. I, still a bit shaken up, pointed the remote at the tv and turned it on.

"Cole recorded the latest episode of The Studio for me, so we're going to watch it." The sat down in between us excitedly.

"Sweet!" Kai said loudly. "I haven't seen it yet either. Mind if we join you?"

"I guess not..." I mumbled and Cole laughed. I glared at him and he shot me an apologetic smile. Sorry, he mouthed, but sorry wasn't going to make Kai and Jay decide to leave us alone. I didn't have a good excuse for getting them out of the room, so I put up with it. It was honestly kind of fun to watch the show with Jay's occasional commentary and Kai's rampant laughter, but I still missed Cole's touch. I sighed after another bout of laughter and Cole looked at me. Our eyes met and he tapped his hand on the back of the couch, gesturing for me to take it behind Kai and Jay's backs. I held back a laugh and shook my head, but I took it anyway. That's when Zane decided to clear his throat quietly behind us. Cole and I turned our heads hard enough to cause whiplash, but the other two remained undisturbed. Zane winked at us and sat down in the chair on my side of the sofa. Your secret is safe with me, he mouthed. Thank you, I mouthed back.

30 minutes later

"Hey." Jay, Kai, and Zane had all left, so it was back to being just me and Cole. I turned and looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked flirtatiously. "You want something?" He chuckled and pulled me over towards him.

"No. I need it." I leaned in closer, but instead, he pushed me back. He was on top of me, one arm braced against the back of the sofa and the other on the cushion next to my head. "Meet me on the roof at ten." He got up and walked out of the room, leaving me there with my fluttering heart and wide grin. Never before had I been so sure I would be somewhere.