Part 7: Cosplay

(I feel like the picture is fairly accurate face wise, except for Shea. That's not quite what Shea looks like.)

"C'mon, Cole! Let's go!" I pulled on his arm, trying to yank him out the door. He grumbled. When we signed up to cosplay as Anna and Kristoff for the children's hospital, he was the reluctant one. It was very last minute; the brother-sister pair that would have done it had a family emergency and cancelled, so I convinced Cole to volunteer and do it with me. Besides, what's Anna without her dashing reindeer king Kristoff?

"Ugh, fine." He screwed the hat tighter in his head. "I didn't realise I would have to bleach my hair for this." His naturally black hair had to be lightened for him to become Kristoff, a blonde. I only had to buy a red wig. My layers were weighing me down, but I managed to drag him out to the truck.

"Come on! I've been waiting so long we're going to be late." He sighed for the million time and relented.

"Okay, let's go." I smiled. He might not know it yet, but he would love it. He has a way with kids. He may seem super serious, but when he's with kids, he's not scared to meet them on their level.

When we got there, you could tell the kids were excited. The boys would roll their eyes and whine about princesses being "girly", but their eyes lit up when Kristoff would pretend to shake their hands before pulling them into a bear hug. We played with the kids for two hours before lunch and then ate with them. While eating lunch, the girls clinked their forks against their glasses, implying that we should kiss. We both blushed as he leaned closer to me.

"If it's what the kids want..." His gaze drifted to the upturned corners lips I repeated him.

"If it's what the kids want." I said matter-of-factly. Then I planted a kiss squarely on his lips. It was a moment before he kissed me back, but even I will admit, it may have been a bit too passionate for our audience. When I heard the boys starting to whistle, I decided to pull back. Cole leaned close to whisper in my ear, his low voice making my heart jump.

"We should do this again sometime." I giggled and whispered back.

"Cosplay for the hospital or kiss?"

"That's for you to decide."

(Sorry guys, I won't be able to post for the next two days, so technically it'll end up being a 22 day challenge. Life is like that sometimes.)