Part 10: Doing Something Ridiculous

I giggled. Cole and I were up on the roof on the roof again, having a midnight "picnic". Cole was playing music quietly on his phone, loud enough we could hear it, but soft enough it wouldn't wake anyone up. I was just about to grab his fork and feed him some more cake, when I felt a contagious beat start. I grinned at  him as I pulled him to his feet.

"Come on, come on!" I tugged on him persistently. "Dance with ,me!" He laughed and stood, grabbing my waist and swinging we around as the lyrics started:

Don't think about it

Just move your body

Listen to the music

Sing oh, ey, oh

Just move those left feet,

Go ahead, get crazy

Anyone can do it

Sing oh, ey, oh

Show the world you've got that fire

Feel the rhythm getting louder

show the room what you can do

prove to them you've got the moves

Cole swung me around and dipped me, lifting me off of my feet. I grabbed his neck and pulled myself up into a kiss. Surprised, he started, nearly knocking us both over.

I don't know about you...

But I feel better when I'm dancing

For the rest of the chorus we stood there making out until I heard muffled voices from underneath us.

"What's all that racket?" The voice I recognised as Jay, moaned.

"I don't know,  but I think it's coming from the roof." Kai replied. I scrambled to turn off the music as quietly as possible, while Cole scooped up the four corners of our picnic blanket.

"Do you think we should check it out?" Jay asked. I couldn't tell for sure, but I was certain that Kai nodded or made some sort of positive motion. I hissed through my teeth.

"C'mon... We need to get inside before they realise we're up here!" I shooed Cole in through my bedroom window along with the picnic supplies, and myself. I slid the window shut, locked it, and pulled the curtains. As far as anyone knows, I'm sound asleep.

All of a sudden, I realised how close I was pressed to Cole's chest. His phone still in my hand, I slid my arms around him and gave a sigh of relief.

"You should go back to bed. They'll notice that you're gone." I said. He squeezed me tight, but gently.

"Nah. I think I'm good." I let go of him.

"No, seriously. You should go." He gave me his puppy eyes (which made him look like he had a stomach ache). I stifled a laugh. "Okay, maybe just a little longer." I tilted my face up and lifted myself onto my tippy-toes, kissing him one last time.

(Sorry for the long wait. I'm working on it, I promise.)