ELEVEN

Weeks passed, and it was only a matter of days before the music competition. You and Yoongi have been practicing hard, and sometimes he'd even get fed up with you because you made mistakes countless of times.

"Are you serious?" Yoongi asks.

"We've gone through this part since last month, and you can't master it?" He questions you, which truthfully, scarred you.

The only thing you feared is being judged, especially by someone who you love. You were afraid of disappointing them. "I-I'm sorry." Your hands started trembling as you tried playing the notes again, only to mess up once more.

Yoongi, not surprised by your mistake and just a lets out a frustrated sigh. He gets off of his seat and goes out of the practice room.

Stupid.. Why can't you get anything done right?

You scolded yourself mentally. Why were you always so quick to mess things up? Why were you always so scared whenever someone's disappointed in you?

Why were you so weak?

You followed behind Yoongi to apologise, and maybe talk things out about why you were so distracted, when you heard his voice.

He was on the call with someone.

"She's messing it up Jimin, the music competition is days away, and she's still stuck on the same verse." 

He was complaining to Jimin about you. You couldn't blame him, he probably needed someone to vent his anger to, and Jimin was the only one closest to him.

"I've been patient and going on with this show for long enough Jimin. I'll let her know after the competition."

Show..?

"Of course I'm not really dating her, I'm just doing her brother a favour. There's no way I'm going to perform the competition without a partner."

Ouch.

You felt like your heart was shredded and stepped on by wild elephants. No, probably worse than that. You felt like you were killed, revived again and killed even more brutally.

He wasn't really dating you? He only dated you so you wouldn't have to move away with Seojun? Your heart was mixed wit anger, pain and hatred for him.

You stormed back to the practice room and stared at the grand piano before you.

"I'll show him." You said.

You sat down on the chair and lightly touched the keys. You took a deep breath and pressed a key, letting a gentle sound escape the piano.

Soon after you played smoothly without a hitch.

You let out your frustration into the keys and played harshly, gracefully. Your tears blurred your vision of the notes, but you played randomly and the tunes changed. The piece you and Yoongi picked was a cheerful, romantic and beautiful tune.

You changed the notes and the piece became a torn, sad, and angry piece. You allowed the piano to scream out your frustration, your sadness and pain.

Suddenly your hands were pulled back.

"What are you doing?" Yoongi asks.

* YOONGI POV *

"Of course I'm not really dating her, I'm just doing her brother a favour. There's no way I'm going to perform the competition without a partner."

"Hyung, your words are just harsh as ever. Why don't you admit you like her?"

I kept silent at Jimins comment. It's not that I don't like her, she just irritates me so much. "You know the reason why I don't want to lose the competition, so don't ask me that."

Jimin chuckles, "Yeah. I don't want you to leave to the States too."

My main reason to get close to Seorin was because she was the second best pianist in our music classes, aside from me. And with her hating me on day 1, I was at a disadvantage if I didn't let her open up to me.

When her brother said that she had to move away with him, I couldn't let that happen, that's when this fake boyfriend-girlfriend game came into mind.

Though it looks like she thinks it's all real.

I felt bad about tricking her, but if I don't do this, I'll have to move abroad, and I sure as hell am not going to move away.

I ended the call with Jimin when suddenly I hear the sound of a piano. It was the piece me and Seorin were working on. The starting started and was played beautifully, but when it got to Seorins verse, the tune changed.

It became more harsh and rough.

Like a scream of pain and sadness. Even though it was a tune full of sorrow, it was a beautiful tune. I went back into the practice room and saw Seorin harshly pressing onto the keys.

This is bad..

I quickly walked up to her and held back her wrist. "What are you doing?" I asked. She looks back at me, surprised. Was she crying?

Her eyes were slightly red. She retracts back her hand and looks away from me. "Yah, I'm talking to you. Why were you playing like that?" I questioned.

"No reason." She answers simply.

No reason my ass, she played like she was angry at something. It didn't felt right continuing the practice with her like this, so I decided to stop and just head somewhere where maybe she'll like.

Maybe she's still pissed at me not taking her on proper dates..?