FOURTEEN

* DAY OF MUSIC COMPETITION *

It's been 3 days, and Yoongi hasn't showed up to school. You were beginning to wonder whether he was okay, whether he caught a cold. But your mind snapped out of its thoughts and you remembered – why should you bother?

The competition was today, and Yoongi was no where to be found. Your teacher was taking attendance on the students while you were panicking and looking for your partner.

"Kang Seorin?"

You raised your hands, "Here."

"Min Yoongi?"

You were hoping there was a response, or maybe he showed up late and answered but nothing. "Where is he?" Your teacher asked you. What do you say? If you told her you didn't know, it'll not only reflect badly as school president, but it'll mean that you and Yoongi won't be able to participate in the competition.

You knew how badly he wanted to win this, and you didn't want to ruin the chance for him. This was the only favor you'd do, and you're done. You don't have to involve yourself in his life.

You won't owe him anything after this was done.

"Sorry I'm late!" Yoongi comes in with his duffel bag into the music room out of breath. The teacher raised the side of her lips and marks his attendance. "At least you came in looking decent." She comments about his appearance.

And by appearance, she means the hair.

It was dyed slick black, and it most definitely caught even more attention to everyone around him, even yours.

"Go settle down. The make up artist should be here in a few minutes." She instructs. Yoongi was finding you in the crowd, and when he did, he doesn't hesitate to walk over to you.

His slick black hair made you even more restless. You couldn't help but look at how attractive he looked without his hair dyed in some bright minty color.

"Quit staring, it's creepy." He said.

"Who's staring at you?" You replied mockingly even though you knew it was you who were stealing glimpse of him. You looked through your music sheets once again for a last minute recall for your competition.

Within minutes, each pair was then called in for make over.

***

You and Yoongi were the last pair to be called up on. Both of you were taken into separate rooms to make over. "Was that your boyfriend?" The make up artist asks as she did your make up. "O-Oh, no. We're just partners for this." You stutter. The thought that someone called Yoongi your boyfriend made your heart race.

"Oh, really? That's a shame! I thought you both were a couple!" She says. "Why did you think that..?" You asked. As far as you can tell, you both did nothing to even look like a 'couple'. Why did she get the idea?

"The way he looked at you the whole time was like a boyfriend itself! He looked at you with such a worried expression, I got the idea that you both were dating." Yoongi was looking at you..?

And you didn't notice?

You must've been studying really hard on the piece to not even notice him staring at you. You were now filled with thoughts about Yoongi. Did he really stare at you the whole time?

And she mentioned about him looking at you with a worried expression.. Was he? Why would he worry? What was there for him to worry for?

Your make up was done and so was your hair, all that's left was your dress. A black spaghetti strap dress was hanging on the hanger and you were told to change into that.