Chapter Three

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

------------

Lyra really wanted to stay in Jerome's cafe longer, but her eyes were sleepy and she needed to drive back to the apartment, and Lyra didn't want to risk falling asleep while driving.

"Sorry, Lyr, I want to drive you home but this place is even more crowded when it's night," Jerome said unpleasantly. 

"Good for you. Don't bother Jer! I can do it myself. Thanks, I'll drop by again later," Lyra said.

After saying goodbye to Jerome, Lyra went straight to the car. Her head felt a little dizzy, plus the beat of the music beat from PJ Club which made her head throb following the beat of the music. 

That day was Lyra's unlucky day! 

Her dream of being with Aska as a family now had run aground. Lyra already knew that she couldn't just believe in love. 

Like, love could change in a flick of a finger, just like Thanos get rid of half-world population, and she was very upset because she even forgot to warn herself.

When she opened the car door, Lyra narrowed her eyes to see a man running out of PJ Club in a hurry. 'Is he drunk or what?' Lyra murmured in her heart. 

The longer she saw the man turned to approach Lyra's car. For some reason, Lyra couldn't move because she followed the direction of the man's path. He scanned the man's body, afraid that he would want to do bad things to Lyra, such as carrying a knife or other sharp object. 

The man arrived at Lyra's car and leaned on her car. Lyra saw the man put on a face in surprise.

But the appearance of this man was like someone who was very important. His suit, watch, and shoes looked expensive, even though his appearance had been messed up, like a tie that had been removed and a buttoned shirt that had opened almost down. 

Lyra was still silent seeing the man leaning back in her car while adjusting his breath. This guy was like around twenty-five to thirties. But Lyra felt familiar with his face. 

A tall man with hot CEO-style short hair, thick but neat eyebrows, sharp noses, strong jaws are covered with thin fine hairs, and light brown eyes when the pupils are exposed to light. 

Lyra was very sure this man was a western. After looking calm, the man turned to look at Lyra who had been watching.

"Can I help you, miss?" The man asked suddenly. 

Lyra who felt the cable on her head was connected again immediately replied 

"Uh ... I should've asked, can I help you? Why are you leaning against in my car?" The man immediately stood up and wanted to reply to Lyra.

"How could you open the door of my car, huh?" The man's turn was annoyed. 

'Is this guy crazy or drunk?' Lyra murmured to herself. "Sorry, this is my car, can't believe it? You can see the license plate!" Lyra said a little snap.

"Oh shit ... I forgot that I was using a valet service!" Observed the man.

"Ken! Ken! Wait for me! Where are you going?! Listen to me first!" From a distance, there was a woman who was as crazy as this man, running towards them both using high heels. This woman must be crazy if she was thinking she could run with that super high heels.

'What the heck?' Lyra felt annoyed. The woman tried to run using the heels then take the heels off, after that, the man looked at Lyra.

"Oh shit! She took off her heels!" Said the man called Ken earlier.