Chapter Seven

"The pleasure of love is in loving; we are happier in the passion we feel than in the passion we inspire."  -- François de la Rochefoucauld

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ken's POV

My secretary Ari had contacted me that Lyra had arrived at the reception desk in my office Wood Inc, lobby. For some reason, my heart might have had stopped beating because since last night I couldn't sleep waiting for today's meeting.

 I continued to rub my chin and face because I was very nervous.

I will meet her again. That thought had been on my mind since last night. No, No. Precisely since I met her that night at PJ Club.

I, Keano Wood, had never been this disgusting because I wanted to see women, usually women who would be nervous about meeting me, especially with my dominating eyes, all women would fall at my feet.

My world turned around when I knew that the woman I had been looking for for 12 years was now getting closer to me. How many women had come and gone from my life because, in fact, they could not replace this woman's shadow from my heart.

Yesterday I met Tommy Yoshida, a business friend of my father who was more interested in the entertainment business. I knew him because Yoshida used to visit my father in London.

 Actually, I really wanted to meet with Yoshida sooner or later, because I had known that the woman I was looking for work under Yoshida Management. 

Yes, I finally got information about where that woman was, Lyra Sui.

Lyra Sui.

Her name also really made me drunk because of a strange feeling that came to me 12 years ago. 

12 years ago Lyra was very chubby, where when her cheeks blown by the wind or feeling embarrassed, her cheeks immediately looked very red like cherries, since then I called her Cherrie. 

When I returned to take her home from the PJ Club, I wanted to prove once again that the Lyra in front of me was the Cherrie I had been looking for all along by kissing her on the tip of her lips. 

There I was very sure, that red face, and that the Lyra in front of me was my Cherrie all this time.

My memory of Lyra 12 years ago suddenly reawakened, and I had to face the fact that Lyra was now at my office door talking to Ari.

I tried to stay calm and look professional for today's cooperation meeting. 

The door of my office was knocked and opened by Ari, where I could see that face again, the face that made me look like a fool for the past few days. A beautiful and radiant face like a cherry now had turned into a beautiful adult woman, even I really did not deserve to think that she was a little girl anymore. 

I swore I really wanted to kill her ex-boyfriend after seeing her crying face when she was humiliated in public.

After instructing several things to Ari, and Ari had also left my room, I started a conversation.

"Hello miss Lyra Sui. I hope you don't mind if we have a meeting in my office? Because it's just the two of us who will briefly discuss the two companies' collaboration plans. Please sit down." 

I then pointed to a chair opposite my seat. I swore that I was very nervous like a fool, but I had to control my emotions, so I would not scare her.

"Hello Mr. Wood, thank you. Sorry, today Mr. Yoshida was unable to come due to some sudden reasons, and I also represent Yoshida-sensei for today's meeting,"