Chapter Nine

"What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce."
― Karl Lagerfeld

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at Lake Condo, Lyra felt very tired, even though time had not yet shown past noon. Her feeling of fatigue was largely dominated by mixed feelings.

Lyra could not believe it, she tasted Ken a little when they decided to use their professional mode.

Lyra opened the fridge to get cold water, maybe this cold water could cool her brain, which had been hot, because all the way in the taxi, she could still feel Ken's lips looting her lips, her neck, and almost her private parts.

Fortunately, Ari, Ken's secretary immediately communicated through the intercom to informed Ken there was an important guess, otherwise, Lyra and Ken would have ended up naked on Ken's desk.

Just thinking about it gave Lyra a chill goosebumps like a ghost.

For a moment Lyra dropped on the bed and laid down. Lyra desperately wanted to forget what happened today, but the harder Lyra tried to forget the makeout session earlier, the shadow of the kissing scene with Ken was clearer, even every movement and touch ... ugh!

Since the shadow of the kiss could not be gone, Lyra began to scream and close her face while rolling on her bed because she felt her face redden again. Lyra had no idea, the effect of imagining a kiss from Ken alone made Lyra's chest race, and now it seemed that Lyra had no guts if she met Ken.

Oh, Lyra never wanted to see Ken again, but because this project was very important, Lyra must be professional.

After Lyra convinced herself, Lyra prepared to get out of bed, but she felt her cellphone ringing from the direction of her bag. At a glance Lyra saw a name that made her smile, appearing, in front of her cellphone screen.

"Hello, mama!" Lyra answered on the phone.

"Hi, darling! Mama misses you so much." Replied a woman on the other side as Mama.

"Aww mama I miss you more! When will you come to Jakarta? "Asked Lyra.

"Wow, you're psychic huh? Next week mama and papa will go to Jakarta because there is a very important event, and you're coming. Use pretty makeup, wear the dress you like. I'm looking forward to it! " Mama Lyra said enthusiastically.

"Wait, mama, you're not gonna make me meet your friend's son one, right?" Lyra asked.

"No of course not, darling! We will just have a reunion dinner with a friend, that's all!" There was a moment of silence.

"But if you're falling in love with one of their boys, then why not?"

"Mama!" Lyra whined.

"Hahahaha, well then darling, you won't be awkward at dinner this time. You remember uncle Richard, right?" Asked mama, who made Lyra roll her eyes upward, trying to remember who this uncle named Richard was.

"Uncle Richard! Your papa's college friend in London. When you were on school holidays, we joined papa in London, and went on a trip to Bristol in the fall, remember?" Mama asked again because she didn't get an answer from Lyra.

"Ah! Mom, I remember the holidays, but not the people, hehe ... " Lyra answered.

"Uh, Mama remembers, you were very close to one of uncle Richard's boys, and I remembered that you said you liked him, and when we wanted to go back to Indonesia, you said you didn't want to go home because you were so attached to this child... " Mom remembered, chuckling.

Hearing her mother recalled the holiday in England at that time, Lyra became curious. That's right, Lyra knew that she loved playing with one of the boys while in Bristol, maybe it was true that the boy was one uncle Richard's sons. However, Lyra did not like to play with his other son, because he did not go to Bristol at the time for the holidays, and only met Lyra while Lyra was in London.

Mama stopped laughing and continued the story, "You used to call his name! Very funny dear. Because you were lisp, you called him 'Ian .. Ian ..' so cute! I didn't want you to grow up quickly!" Mama laughed again and began to wait for Lyra's response.

"Ian? I don't even remember mom, hehe ..." Lyra answered flatly because she had completely forgotten about the holiday.

"Well, you still keep the photo, right? At that time, mom took a photo with you and the boys. Uh! Mama gotta go, darling. We'll see you next week for sure, darling. Love you! "Mama said to end the conversation on the phone.

"Okay. I love you too mama." Lyra answered.

Photo? Lyra murmured remembering what mama was talking about earlier. But because Lyra was very curious, she began to open the cupboard which contained a pile of her belongings and tried to find the photo that her mom was referring to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi readers! I promised to update the new chapter once a week but apparently, I have a bunch of works at the office and I don't even have time to write. Please excuse me!

Vote, comments, and feedback are appreciated!

Love you, happy reading!

My Sweet and Possessive Manजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें