Chapter Eight

"Most of all, I hate you because I think of you. Often. It's disgusting, and I can't stop."
― Holly Black 

--------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

Lyra rushed out of Ken's office. She felt her chest pounding like a war drum. Outside Ken's room, before entering the elevator to get down to lobby, Lyra paused because she saw another man whose face was very similar to Ken. 

Because Lyra could not stand the strange feeling after made out with Ken, Lyra went straight into the open elevator. Ari's voice came from behind calling Lyra's name, but Lyra didn't want those men to see Lyra's red face, because it would be very embarrassing, and those men would know what Lyra was doing in Ken's office.

After arriving at the lobby, Lyra immediately stopped a taxi in front of the Wood Inc. building. Luckily today was Monday, the Jakarta theater46 was off on Monday, so Lyra could go straight home and calm herself down. 

While in the taxi on the way to the apartment, Lyra found her hair tangled like it was blown by the breeze. Lyra still felt ashamed, even to herself. How could she not be able to control her own lust in front of a man? 

Moreover, the man was Keano Wood!

***

"Bring Adrian in."

Two seconds later, Ken's office door was knocked, then Adrian entered with a happy smile.

"How are you, my little brother?" Said, Adrian.

"Since when did you arrived in Indonesia? Aren't you busy in London?" Ken replied with an indifferent sour face while returning to his chair.

"Well... well... you should answer my question. How are you, brother?" Teased Adrian, but because Ken was not interested in Adrian's small talk, Ken immediately looked away.

"Dude, don't be too ignorant! This is your own brother. I just arrived here last night, and I went straight to mom's house," Adrian explained.

"I see," Ken replied indifferently.

"By the way, who was that beautiful woman before? New toy, huh?" Asked Adrian.

"Watch your mouth, and stay away from her." Ken looked at Adrian with grim.

"Oh my God, Ken. Chill out, man! So far, you have only changed partners to escape from your puppy love, right? so I was just asking." Adrian explained.

"You're very annoying. What business do you have to come here? If you come here just to bother me, you have wasted my time." Explained Ken with fierce.

"Okay. I'm serious now. Wood's head office in London needs you." Adrian's face was getting serious now. Seeing Adrian's seriousness, Ken immediately focused his attention on Adrian.

"You are ruling the head office, it should be fine, right? I'm not going," Ken said.

"But I'm afraid you will have to go back. Whether it's temporary, or permanent. It's really urgent." Adrian answered. "Besides, Jane Adams was asking for you. A lot. I got dizzy to hear her babble." Adrian added.

"I have nothing to do with Jane," Ken replied.

Damn it! I'm almost getting Lyra back, but do I have to go back to London? Ken muttered to himself.

"Well, I think you will be dealing with Jane, because her father, Scott Adams is asking for a contract extension with our company under your control, not me. My pride hurts, but considering that Jane will take over the project, I'm not complaining anymore, because she's really into you. I'm just dizzy to breathe the same air as that psycho girl," Adrian explained.