Chapter Eleven

"No one can ever take your memories from you - each day is a new beginning, make good memories every day." - Catherine Pulsifer

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Papa, where are we going?" Lyra asked her father as they began to enter the courtyard of a huge house. Just last night Lyra and her mother arrived in London to meet her father who was continuing his studies in the UK.

"This is the house of Papa's friend, dear. His name is uncle Richard. Uncle Richard is very kind to Papa while Papa is here. Please be nice to their family, dear," His father said immediately because they had to get out of the car immediately. Lyra, who heard her father's orders, immediately nodded in understanding. 

After Papa, Mama, and Lyra got out of the car, they were immediately greeted by someone who looked a few years older than Papa, Lyra guessed that it must be uncle Richard whose father was talking about earlier. With careful steps, Lyra ran to catch up with Papa and Mama to the doorway of Uncle Richard's house.

"Hello, Jonan! You're finally here!" Welcomed uncle Richard to Papa. After seeing and greeting Papa, uncle Richard immediately shifted his gaze to Mama and Lyra and said again, "this must be your wife and daughter! How lovely!" Uncle Richard then smiled sweetly at Mama and Lyra.

"Hello Richard, I'm Vionna. Thank you for looking after my husband," Mama said, shaking hands with uncle Richard. Lyra felt shy, hiding behind her mother.

"Come on dear, greet uncle Richard," Mama said, trying to take Lyra from behind her back. Lyra, who was pulled slowly by her mother, then turned to uncle Richard. Doubtedly, and looking down, Lyra said,

"Hello, uncle, my name is Lyra, Lyra Sui," Lyra who was a cute 12 years old girl made uncle Richard wanted to have a daughter immediately.

"Hello Lyra, you look cuter in real than in the photo! I'm sure you will be happy to meet my boys inside," Said uncle Richard while smiling.

"Coming in! Let's meet Ellie and my children," Continued uncle Richard while waving his hands to invite Lyra and family inside. Papa embraced Lyra and looked down to aligned his height with Lyra, "Honey, please be nice to the boys, they are polite, I am sure you will be close to them," Papa said, and Lyra only nodded.

Uncle Richard's house was very luxurious. When they began to enter the transit room in the front, they were greeted with a round table made of marble. On the table, there was a flower vase containing roses that looked fresh. After the transit room, Lyra could see an entrance, entering the living room access.

Entering the living room, Lyra could see the many vases filled with the same roses as she had seen in the transit room. After the living room, Lyra could look at the backyard separated by a large glass door, where a large swimming pool was seen, and above the water was a fall of autumn leaves. 

After that, Lyra could also see the plain of the yard which was slightly yellow and must have been green when spring began. In the middle of the yard was a small square-shaped flower garden, as if it was decorating the plain backyard.

Lyra, papa, and mama had arrived in the living room, and in the living room had stood three people who seemed to be preparing to welcome Lyra and her family.

"Vionna, Lyra, this is my wife, Ellie Wood, and these are my boys, their names are ..." said uncle Richard introducing his family. Lyra did not really hear the name of uncle Richard's children so clearly, because Lyra was very nervous about meeting new people. Mama greeted Aunt Ellie and her two children, and, as usual, Lyra hid again under her mother's clothes.