Chapter Four

"Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?" – Leo Buscaglia

---------------

Lyra woke up at 11 noon when her cellphone alarm had rung repeatedly. Lyra's eyes narrowed when she realized that since last night her cellphone was still in flight mode so that no notification from her cellphone entered. 

Lyra turned on her wifi mode and gave her cellphone time to receiving notifications, while Lyra finished her business in the bathroom. When Lyra was chilling in the bathroom, the notification ring came in a lot like the cellphone had been submerged in water.

After she finished her bathroom business, she checked her cellphone again. 23 missed calls from Aska and 2 missed calls from unknown numbers. After that, there was an incoming message via SMS and also WhatsApp from Aska asking Lyra to meet with him this afternoon to discuss many things.

'Fuck your reasons.' Curse Lyra in her mind, which also made her heartache. Apparently, Jerome's warm chocolate and last night's accident with Ken were not enough to make her heart a little better. 

But Lyra did not want to end the relationship with Aska hanging like this, because after all Lyra had to move on and did not want the scars of her heart to carry on, so Lyra confirmed the meeting with Aska.

Lyra asked Aska to talk at the coffee shop at the FEx mall because in the afternoon Lyra had to go to the theater for tonight's performance. In the coffee shop, there was high tension and awkward feeling between Aska and Lyra. 

Aska chatted about how the work was going, saying that Aska missed Lyra because they had rarely met because of Aska's business in the office. 'Miss me, my ass!' cursed Lyra.

Lyra chose to stay in her seat and stare at the coffee she ordered. While Aska was chattering about his bullshit, Lyra cursed in her heart because she saw Aska yesterday making out with other women, even demeaning her, mixed with the disgusting Lyra felt for Aska because he casually babbled as nothing happened between them. 

Lyra really wanted to end this conversation, because to be honest, Lyra was fed up with this toxic relationship.

In the midst of Aska telling about her days without Lyra, Lyra interrupted Aska in a voice one higher than Aska.

"Can you stop? I'm getting fed up with you now, assuming nothing happened between you and me yesterday. Did you even think about me? I feel sick because you make all this so easy. Are you crazy? Don't you have feelings? " Snapped Lyra impatiently. 

Aska only watched Lyra with a serious face, until Lyra began to calm down. But Lyra's calm now turned to silence, then Lyra bowed her head, Lyra felt her eyes begin to melt, where the pain had spilled through her tears.

"I know. But I can't help it. You're busy, I'm busy. We rarely meet. I'm sorry, I met a new person, I got comfortable, and ..." Aska stopped when Lyra immediately interrupted.

"I don't fucking care. Whatever your reasons are. Busy is not a reason for cheating. Moreover, you and your girlfriend have insulted my profession. That was enough proof that you don't have any feelings for me, right? " Lyra spoke while crying until the people around them were staring. 

Aska felt tremendous shame for having made a woman cry in a public place.

"Can you calm down? It's embarrassing seen by people! " Aska snapped.

"Embarrassing? Do you still have shame? Do you think making a girl cry in public places is embarrassing, but cheating behind me is not embarrassing? You're such a shame, you jerk!" Lyra still couldn't control her own emotions.